Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure which sites to select for my books. These are my choices. I am going to republish my books as my Select term runs out.

Barnes & Noble

11 JAN 2018
Kobo

11 JAN 2018
Apple

11 JAN 2018
Scribd

15 JAN 2018
Tolino

11 JAN 2018
OverDrive

It's been a couple of years since I have published books there so I would appreciate your thoughts on which one to choose.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Every one you don't go direct with. If you can go direct with Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and Apple, then do so. If not, then go through D2D.

But there's no reason to not include every store if you are going wide. Leave no stone unturned.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
If you can go direct, it could be the best option. If you sell really well, the money D2D will take as their share can add up quickly.

I personally get into any store I can. I just got an email that Hoopla finally accepted one of my books (with hopes they'll pick up the second).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which stores will sell my books when I publish with Draft2Digital?

Draft2Digital helps you publish books to:

• Amazon
  • Apple Books
  • Barnes & Noble
  • Kobo (including Kobo Plus)
  • Tolino
  • OverDrive
  • Bibliotheca
  • Scribd
  • Baker & Taylor
  • Hoopla
  • Vivlio
  • BorrowBox
I pulled this off of D2D so I could see what to publish to. I am going to publish to all of them to get more coverage. There will be other sites that come online in the future.

I am looking forward to getting out of Select and going wide.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Go Direct With As Many Stores As Possible!

Not only does it mean you can use their promotional services, but you don't pay a cut to D2D.

Also, you can't list a book twice. So if a book is listed on Amazon, don't try to list it again through D2D.

I'm going to be honest here, I feel like you aren't really hearing what people are saying in this thread. Three different people all told you to go direct through as many stores as possible and then you reply with saying you're just going to publish through all of them at D2D. If you didn't want advice from authors who are already wide, why ask us?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to be honest here, I feel like you aren't really hearing what people are saying in this thread. Three different people all told you to go direct through as many stores as possible and then you reply with saying you're just going to publish through all of them at D2D. If you didn't want advice from authors who are already wide, why ask us?
I thought about going totally wide, but I decided that two sites would be plenty for me to deal with. I guess I am not as ambitious as you.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I thought about going totally wide, but I decided that two sites would be plenty for me to deal with. I guess I am not as ambitious as you.
You're limiting yourself. And because you can't use the promotional services (both BN and Kobo have in-house promotions), you're making it more difficult to succeed. Is it possible to succeed wide by just going through D2D? Maybe, but I'd recommend grabbing a lottery ticket because you have a better chance of winning that.

Most people who don't succeed after going wide, aren't doing the work. You can't just upload, hit publish, and forget about it. You have to nurture those readers you get and keep them happy. Ignoring going Direct because it's too much work is a hint that your wide experiment won't ever get off the ground.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're limiting yourself. And because you can't use the promotional services (both BN and Kobo have in-house promotions), you're making it more difficult to succeed. Is it possible to succeed wide by just going through D2D?
I have already succeeded since I have published more than one hundred books and still have most of the money I earned. I owned my own house, have no debts of any kind, and write for pleasure. Are you more successful than that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not sure which sites to select for my books. These are my choices. I am going to republish my books as my Select term runs out.

Barnes & Noble

11 JAN 2018
Kobo

11 JAN 2018
Apple

11 JAN 2018
Scribd

15 JAN 2018
Tolino

11 JAN 2018
OverDrive

It's been a couple of years since I have published books there so I would appreciate your thoughts on which one to choose.
I have a whole list, but I don't know how good it is. Can you tell me what format book file they accept for eBooks. I have only ePub. Will they take that, do you know? TY! Sorry I'm not much help. I'm just getting started. Did you publish to Ingram Spark? That I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts