Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Every one you don't go direct with. If you can go direct with Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and Apple, then do so. If not, then go through D2D.

But there's no reason to not include every store if you are going wide. Leave no stone unturned.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Go Direct With As Many Stores As Possible!

Not only does it mean you can use their promotional services, but you don't pay a cut to D2D.

Also, you can't list a book twice. So if a book is listed on Amazon, don't try to list it again through D2D.

I'm going to be honest here, I feel like you aren't really hearing what people are saying in this thread. Three different people all told you to go direct through as many stores as possible and then you reply with saying you're just going to publish through all of them at D2D. If you didn't want advice from authors who are already wide, why ask us?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I thought about going totally wide, but I decided that two sites would be plenty for me to deal with. I guess I am not as ambitious as you.
You're limiting yourself. And because you can't use the promotional services (both BN and Kobo have in-house promotions), you're making it more difficult to succeed. Is it possible to succeed wide by just going through D2D? Maybe, but I'd recommend grabbing a lottery ticket because you have a better chance of winning that.

Most people who don't succeed after going wide, aren't doing the work. You can't just upload, hit publish, and forget about it. You have to nurture those readers you get and keep them happy. Ignoring going Direct because it's too much work is a hint that your wide experiment won't ever get off the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts