Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, but after browsing around a few hours, I couldn't identify a better place.

I've seen screen savers that match DecalGirls skins for the KK, but not for the K2.  I've ordered both the Quest and Coffee Break skins, and if someone could point me in the right direction to find the matching screen saver, it would be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can they be put on K2?  I have almost the same skin on my K2 as I had on my K2.  I would like to put that on.  Is it possible?  If I were you, I'd contact Decalgirl and ask them for the screen saver.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Teach142 said:
Can they be put on K2? I have almost the same skin on my K2 as I had on my K2. I would like to put that on. Is it possible? If I were you, I'd contact Decalgirl and ask them for the screen saver.
I read earlier that DecalGirl won't do screen savers for the K2, but it's worth a shot. Maybe it's more complicated than I thought. I've installed the screen saver hack and it works great. As I understood it, I just need the pictures. Maybe it's more complicated than I thought.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The complication is that the skins for K2 have been redesigned & do not generally match the patterns as seen on the K1 skins.  Therefore, the screensaver images must be completely redone to match, or they won't align correctly with the skin.  At the time DG began producing K2 skins, there was no word from Amazon on whether or not a screensaver hack would violate the warranty on the device.  As such, the decals designed for the K2 were redesigned to show as much of the image as possible without using a matching screensaver.  With as many designs as they have now, I would think investing the time in producing matched screensavers for all of them would have to be cost prohibitive.

Perhaps someone can tweak the appropriate K1 versions to fit, or maybe you'll need to scan in the back decal when they arrive.  Some cropping in Photoshop or another photo tool should give you what you're looking for.  Most of us have opted to add in our own screensaver images that may or may not coordinate with the front skins.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VictoriaP said:
Perhaps someone can tweak the appropriate K1 versions to fit, or maybe you'll need to scan in the back decal when they arrive. Some cropping in Photoshop or another photo tool should give you what you're looking for. Most of us have opted to add in our own screensaver images that may or may not coordinate with the front skins.
Ha! Now there's an idea that didn't come to mind. Thanks. I'll try to scan the back and see if I can turn it into something useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.