Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
When you go to the book at Amazon.  There is a button to click on the left side just under the book. 

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
What she said :p

Also in the Book Corner, there is a sticky thread that Kirstin started. Add your book there and members can click on it to request Kindle format as well.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Chimmer said:
I was wondering, there are some books that aren't available in Kindle format.
Hee, hee. I think that's an understatement.

As Jaderose said, you can help influence the publishers by going to Amazon and clicking on the "I'd like to read this book on my Kindle" link.

It's just going to take publishers time to convert books. Many of them are dragging their heels on the whole idea.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
jmiked said:
It's just going to take publishers time to convert books. Many of them are dragging their heels on the whole idea.
And many aren't, but even so, they have HUGE catalogs. It is much easier to make a newly released book in Kindle format than it is to go back to and Kindlize an older title. They're prioritizing based on which ones are most likely to sell. So do click the "I want it on Kindle" button.

Also, there's a thread stickied at the top of the book corner called something like "I want this book on Kindle". Post a link to the book you want and all your new best friends at Kindleboards will click for you as well!

Ann

G

·
Don't expect any Tolkein on Kindle anytime soon.  Tolkein and Ballantine already had one run-in with some company publishing "unauthorized" versions of his books.  Thus the little note from Tolkein on the back of all the Ballantine PB editions.  I imagine that those copyrights will remain jealously guarded by Christopher Tolkein and Ballantine for as long as possible.  And given that bootlegging and piracy of books is much easier in electronic format, I suspect you'll be waiting awhile.  Plus, the DTB versions are still selling very well.  *shrug*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts