Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.  Just wanted to let you know that M-Edge is giving me the runaround.

On February 10th, I ordered a green leather executive jacket from them with the 4 leather corners (It's called the Executive Jacket).  I am CERTAIN that I ordered the 4 corners because I knew I didn't want to deal with the spine clips.  On the 11th, I clicked back through my order and printed out a copy of the merchandise to keep in my online purchase file (glad I did).

Anyways, this past Friday I received a green Prodigy Jacket - NOT what I ordered.  I emailed customer service to tell them that I did not receive what I ordered and to have them ship the correct merchandise along with a return shipping label at their cost.  They told me that I would have the ship the case back at my own cost, even though both my Amazon order and my packing slip, along with a printout of the merchandise showing a picture of the 4-corner case stated I ordered the Executive Jacket, not the Prodigy.  As well, they are charging my card for a second case pending the return of the first case.  This should NOT be done as it was their error - not mine.  I'm rather angry right now, to say the least.  :mad: :mad:

Has anyone else received the wrong case from them?  How did they handle it for you?

RESOLUTION UPDATE:  I discussed my issue with Amazon, who apparently took it up with M-Edge.  M-Edge contacted me and said that they would not charge me for the second cover, and that if I ship the case back to them at my cost, they will refund the cost off the initial case.  It looks like a decent resolution, provided I ultimately get the credit for the shipping.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There's a thread further down where someone else got the wrong cover.  They didn't mention anything about being charged twice, and I don't remember if they specified who paid shipping.

It shouldn't be far down and is called "M-Edge sent me the wrong cover" or something similar.

HTH!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also ordered the green executive case and instead received the prodigy.  I have e-mailed CS but they have not responded yet.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SO MUCH, Bonnie, for confirming my suspicion.  I know they switched photos on the Amazon listing and you having the same problem solidifies it for me.

What did your packing slip say?  When you review your Amazon order does it say "Executive Jacket", and then when you click on the product, it takes you to a Prodigy Jacket page?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually ordered straight from the M-Edge website so I can't click on it. But on my invoice it says "Executive Jacket".  I specifically ordered that one because I didn't want the hinges and even sent them an e-mail at one point in time to make sure that I had ordered the cover without hinges.  But... I still ended up getting hinges!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I ordered from the M-edge site directly.  I ordered a K2 for my mom and a K1 executive for myself.  Different colors.  I was sent the correct one for the K2, but received the right color in a K2 instead of K1.  I received them last Friday.  I emailed them when I got home in the evening and discovered the mistake.  They answered me within a couple of hours Friday evening.  They asked me to return the wrong cover, at my cost; they refunded my original shipping costs, and they sent me out the correct cvover immediately.  I got it yesterday, Monday. 
deb

·
Registered
216 Posts
drenee said:
I ordered from the M-edge site directly. I ordered a K2 for my mom and a K1 executive for myself. Different colors. I was sent the correct one for the K2, but received the right color in a K2 instead of K1. I received them last Friday. I emailed them when I got home in the evening and discovered the mistake. They answered me within a couple of hours Friday evening. They asked me to return the wrong cover, at my cost; they refunded my original shipping costs, and they sent me out the correct cvover immediately. I got it yesterday, Monday.
deb
So, you're paying shipping twice to cover their mistake??
Hmmm, That's not right.

They should send you a prepaid label to return the wrong cover and send you out a new one immediately.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
They refunded my original shipping costs on both covers, and I believe it only cost me 4.80 to send the other cover back.  I thought that was fair.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That sucks but glad that it got resolved somewhat.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I also received the wrong cover from M-Edge. I have been away for the last week and was going to take this up with M-Edge tomorrow. I will not be paying to ship the incorrect cover back to them. It is their mistake, not mine. It very clearly states on my order which cover I ordered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts