Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ordered my Kindle I also ordered a Pink Tranquility skin. When we were surprised with a new Kindle style, I contacted DecalGirl regarding an exchange. No problem, I was told, just wait till we have those available. So I waited. Once they were available I contacted them about the exchange but ran into issues because more than 4 weeks had gone by. It took awhile, but we finally got that straightened out. I returned the skin, along with a note regarding a change in style - as I believe was also discussed on the phone. I waited a few weeks and got a phone call asking permission to debit my card for the shipping. I said okay and got a little excited because I'd finally be getting it. It came today... and guess what? It's not the Lily skin that I asked for in the exchange. It's another Pink Tranquility - which I did NOT want for the K2. I made that know both verbally and in writing. It also came in a cheap barely-there piece of cardboard that I'm surprised wasn't destroyed on the way. Between the cost of the skin, the cost to ship it back, and the cost to have another one sent to me, I've already spent over $25 and I still don't even have what I want. I could try the exchange route again... which with shipping both ways would bump my total costs up to over $35. I like the skins, but I don't like them that much!!! I'm more than just a little annoyed. I really wanted the Lily skin, but at this point I think I'll go elsewhere and skip DecalGirl altogether.

March 29, 2009 - I got the following email from DecalGirl today:

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for contacting us. I am really sorry about the issue. If you can get me the order number I will have the lily design straight out to you. Sometimes exchanges can be a bit confusing for us, we actually normally do not do exchanges but with the kindle 2nd gen vs 1st gen confusion we have been trying to help the customer out as much as possible.
Please contact us with your order transaction ID and I will reship the Lily Kindle 2 right away so you have it in a few days.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Amanda
DecalGirl.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
At least you had some contact.  I ordered mine through Amazon, and the middle-man wouldn't exchange.  So I wrote Decalgirl from their webpage, but have never heard back.  Guess I need to call them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was in the same boat, had k1 on order and received a k2 by amazon.  Decalgirl was fantastic with me when I asked to return/exchange the skin.  I did a return instead of an exchange b/c I wanted the new skin to be shipped as soon as they came out instead of waiting for them to receive the returned k1 skin and then ship the k2 skin.

They sent me a check for the returned skin, I had paid using a debit card.  I don't know if they refunded by check because I had used a debit card or because so much time had passed between ordering the k1 skin and discovering amazon was sending me a k2 kindle.  The check they mailed to me included the shipping charge to me.  I was surprised they reimbursed me for shipping. I was only out the amount of shipping the k1 skin back to them.

Both the skins I had received from them came packaged great.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Laurie said:
When I ordered my Kindle I also ordered a Pink Tranquility skin. When we were surprised with a new Kindle style, I contacted DecalGirl regarding an exchange. No problem, I was told, just wait till we have those available. So I waited. Once they were available I contacted them about the exchange but ran into issues because more than 4 weeks had gone by. It took awhile, but we finally got that straightened out. I returned the skin, along with a note regarding a change in style - as I believe was also discussed on the phone. I waited a few weeks and got a phone call asking permission to debit my card for the shipping. I said okay and got a little excited because I'd finally be getting it. It came today... and guess what? It's not the Lily skin that I asked for in the exchange. It's another Pink Tranquility - which I did NOT want for the K2. I made that know both verbally and in writing. It also came in a cheap barely-there piece of cardboard that I'm surprised wasn't destroyed on the way. Between the cost of the skin, the cost to ship it back, and the cost to have another one sent to me, I've already spent over $25 and I still don't even have what I want. I could try the exchange route again... which with shipping both ways would bump my total costs up to over $35. I like the skins, but I don't like them that much!!! I'm more than just a little annoyed. I really wanted the Lily skin, but at this point I think I'll go elsewhere and skip DecalGirl altogether.
I had ordered a skin before also and they said they would exchange it. They did say it was going to be the same skin in the K2 style. By the time I would have paid for shipping it back and paying for the new one to ship out, I just decided to give it to someone on here that had a Kindle 1.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I too was surprised to be getting a K2. Thinking I was getting a K1, I had already bought a K1 skin, which I never opened. I asked about exchanging it for a K2 skin when they became available and was told it wasn't an option... then I discovered on KB other people were in the same boat but they were being allowed to exchange.

I ended up giving the K1 skin away and have bought a couple of K2 skins since, which I am very happy with, but my initial experience with DecalGirl wasn't the best.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
March 29, 2009 - I got the following email from DecalGirl today:

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for contacting us. I am really sorry about the issue. If you can get me the order number I will have the lily design straight out to you.  Sometimes exchanges can be a bit confusing for us, we actually normally do not do exchanges but with the kindle 2nd gen vs 1st gen confusion we have been trying to help the customer out as much as possible.
Please contact us with your order transaction ID and I will reship the Lily Kindle 2 right away so you have it in a few days.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Amanda
DecalGirl.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.