Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Argh... Darn Amazon!

My kindle2 arrived today and I tore open the box. The problem is, it is a Father's Day gift - I assumed I would be able to open the packaging material, play with it, and put it back to be wrapped. But, with the 'tear tab' packing, if I tear into it, it cannot be put back into the original packaging. Even worse, the packing wrap is black so I can't even see it.

So close, yet so far....

I feel like a kid a couple of days before Christmas.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Bummer!

Isn't there a way to coax everyone into giving you an early Father's Day gift? Just a thought.

If not, it will only be a few short days but will feel like an eternitiy. ;D

Sailor

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is worse than watching for the UPS guy... it is in the house, out of the UPS box and just sitting there in that Amazon black plastic.

It is going to be a long couple of days.

Thumper said:
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing over here... Mainly because I get how you feel. ;D

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Just have someone else in the house do you a favor and hide it from you. Then within the next few days you can torment yourself searching for it and by the time you find it it'll be time to open it. Think of it like Scavenger Hunt/father's day gift lol

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Just do it.

Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission, lol.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Forster said:
Just do it.

Great saying! I will have to remember that one and use it sometime very appropriate! Also I love your new avatar.. ;) lol

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Forster said:
Just do it.

I can't believe how much wisdom our members have! ;)

Sailor

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Forster said:
Just do it.

lol too funny :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Great saying! I will have to remember that one and use it sometime very appropriate!
I have heard this saying a lot, with the only difference being the version I've heard is "Its easier to BEG forgiveness than to ask permission." This has been one of my personal life philosophies while working in the world's largest bureaucracy (the US military). Its worked really well!

;D
Thumper said:
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing over here... Mainly because I get how you feel. ;D
me too!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I don't think I could stop myself from opening it. It must be torture seeing it and not opening it. What a great Father's Day present.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Ah, but do the family members know it's supposed to have that outer black paper on it.
Oh, sneaky. I like the way you think. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Made it through Day 1....

I may have to play the, '...well, there have been some screen problems, I should probably make sure I received a good one...' card today.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I would say "I am the Father, if you dislike my decision you can go to your room".

I gave my Dad a Netflix subscription and he is already using it. Go for it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
gstreez said:

I may have to play the, '...well, there have been some screen problems, I should probably make sure I received a good one...' card today.
Haha. I say just use it. It is yours and you are a father EVERY day... not just on father's day, right? :D

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
gstreez said:

If you are going to be able to USE it on Father's Day don't you have to unwrap it NOW to get it all charged up???

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Tip10 said:
If you are going to be able to USE it on Father's Day don't you have to unwrap it NOW to get it all charged up???
And then the whispernet connection needs to be tested.

After that , you have tot est the five way controller

Then you need to test the buttons

Then you need to test the screen.

It takes two days to preform the necessary quality control checks. You have to make sure that you have gathered enough data to be secure in your findings.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts