Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the new promo opp at Kindle Books And Tips blog (formerly Free Kindle Books and Tips). I paid $50 for an ad discounting my book, Tempting Trouble, today and tomorrow down to $2.99.  I came home from work and have already made back my $$$. Fifty sold so far!

Anyone bought an ad there? Please do help out and report your results here!

I'm hoping for some more sales for the weekend :). Will also give results of whether sales of other books receive a push from this promo too.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Yes. I have one running for $50 end of March  and a feature for $75 running in the middle of April. I'm anxious to see how they do. This, ENT, and BookBub do well for me. Addicted to eBooks has too. I have a few others I'm going to try.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I used ENT. Book of the Day. Cost $150 but I got about 200 sales, $400, back.
I have a KND ad booked for April 6th. Cost $179.
I also have ads here on Kboards coming up on March 31 and April 23.
Will report how everything does.
I tried something else for $25, forget the name of the site, got about 2 sales off it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
LisaGraceBooks said:
Yes. I have one running for $50 end of March and a feature for $75 running in the middle of April. I'm anxious to see how they do. This, ENT, and BookBub do well for me. Addicted to eBooks has too. I have a few others I'm going to try.
Addicted to Books has worked?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Robert A Michael said:
I paid $35 at The Cheap eBook (formerly Kindle on the Cheap). Got 3 FB posts, 1 Blog post and "slider" ad. 0 sales. I still have the weekend but the ads are up, and all 3 posts went out. I dunno. It's a crap-shoot.
I also had zero sales with theCheap.

Haven't tried KBaT. Was watching to see how they do with the shift away from free.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I too had a KBT ad today (Gennita, I'm in the same batch with you). $25 for a 99cent sale.

As of 10:00 PM, sales have been:
Badwater 65
Volcano Watch (drafting on Badwater) 15

Sales had been really dragging prior to this so I'm counting it a success.

Michael has done a good job revamping the site, after the Amazon Affiliates axe fell. I think we have winner here.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I've got the $75 KBaT ad running next Wednesday. Hopefully it'll make a good 1-2 punch with my BOD ad on Tuesday.

I'll report back with results, good or bad.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
If you're on Kindle Books and Tips email list, you got an invite to take out ads. Go sign up for the list. Quite a few sites work this way.

Michael will be on vay kay, so don't expect an answer for at least two - three weeks.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I signed up for a Feature on April 4th on KB&T. I'm keen to see how it goes. I'll try to remember--brain needs to cooperate--to report back.

Glad to hear some positive results for Michael's new venture.  :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
LisaGraceBooks said:
If you're on Kindle Books and Tips email list, you got an invite to take out ads. Go sign up for the list. Quite a few sites work this way.

Michael will be on vay kay, so don't expect an answer for at least two - three weeks.
Thanks for the info... signed up.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ardin said:
I used ENT. Book of the Day. Cost $150 but I got about 200 sales, $400, back.
I have a KND ad booked for April 6th. Cost $179.
I also have ads here on Kboards coming up on March 31 and April 23.
Will report how everything does.
I tried something else for $25, forget the name of the site, got about 2 sales off it.
Very cool! Wish I had a BOD from ENT too! It's a tried and true way to reach readers.

Since KBaT's promo is brand new, I thought it would be great to track our sales to see its effectiveness. My sales went down to almost nothing the last week and I had been working like crazy to try to get something out to get back some visibility.

Judging my the results, I'll be using it again for sure. I hadn't smiled at my Daily Report board all month till yesterday :).

70 sales on Day 1. So far, though, no noticeable bump in sales of the other books yet.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your promo results.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ToniD said:
I too had a KBT ad today (Gennita, I'm in the same batch with you). $25 for a 99cent sale.

As of 10:00 PM, sales have been:
Badwater 65
Volcano Watch (drafting on Badwater) 15

Sales had been really dragging prior to this so I'm counting it a success.

Michael has done a good job revamping the site, after the Amazon Affiliates axe fell. I think we have winner here.
Hey, those are great numbers, congrats! And you have some sales bump, which is even better. I hope I get the latter too. That's always been my point in promoting/having a sale.

Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
I'm the featured "Book of the Day." So far 60 people today have downloaded The 15th Star at the sale price of $2.99 and my current stats are:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,084 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#42 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Mystery & Thrillers > Mystery > Historical
#56 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Historical
#92 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery

I started with 4 sales and a ranking of 199,000 so I'm happy with the results so far. I've made my money back and increased its visibility.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'd love to use Kindle Books and Tips for a paid ad but he didn't want the new book because it's too new (not enough ratings).
I'm running the Book One free right now and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to run a paid ad for the middle book.
So, I'll just pout  :mad:

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Quiss said:
I'd love to use Kindle Books and Tips for a paid ad but he didn't want the new book because it's too new (not enough ratings).
I'm running the Book One free right now and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to run a paid ad for the middle book.
So, I'll just pout :mad:
I've been tured down by Michael before when my books didn't meet his criteria for the site. It's not personal, he knows what his readers want, and he sticks to what works. As soon as your book gets there (review wise), resubmit, that's what I did. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts