Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hesitant to ask a question, cause I know you all hate repeated questions........ But I promise, I looked all over for the info.

How do I retrieve an email I sent to my Kindle?

I added my personal email addy to the Manage my Kindle area, then sent an email attachment to my Kindle, yesterday. But I can't find it. Where would it be, what could I have done wrong?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hmm. Is whispernet on? Otherwise you won't get it. If it is on, maybe you could try resending it, it might have been a server error.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If your WhisperNet is on, did you look in the Content Manager?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not have Whispernet on when I sent it (I don't have a signal at home). But I have turned it on several times today to see if it would come thru........... Would that make a difference? I assumed it would show up when I turned it on, as it does if I order a book thru my computer.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
But did you look  in the Content Manager (you access this from the Menu on the Home Screen)? It may very well be in there, still on Amazon's servers (it will say Amazon below it, instead of Kindle). Then use the Menu again to transfer it to Kindle memory.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, forgot to answer that part. I did look in Conent Manager. It is not there.
How long does it usually take?
I'm sure I did something obvious, wrong.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
What kind of a file were you trying to send? What is the extension on the file?

Leslie

PS, it's okay to ask questions!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
mommytolandl said:
.xls

Excel Spreadsheet
I think that may be the problem. Excel spreadsheets are not a supported format for conversion through Amazon. Supported files include Word (.doc), structured HTML (.html, .htm), .jpg, .gif, .png, and .bmp. Support for PDFs is experimental and variable.

I think you need to get your file into one of those formats and then email it to your Kindle.

Leslie

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cannot find the content manager on my Kindle home page/menu. I emailed 2 ebooks in PDF form but I cannot figure out how to go to my kindle email on my Kindle or on the Amazon Kindle page either
HELP!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Which Kindle are you using Bignursenanc?  If it's a K2 you have to 5-way the line to the top where is can sort by recent/title/author and push to the left.  Once there look for personal documents.  I only figured it out by accident.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! I didn't know I could do that. I can see my order on the Amazon site now, but it still hasn't downloaded to my K2. Does it usually take a while? Under my personal docs it has zero showing so far.
Thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts