Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain this to me please. Called CS about my sister's broken K1 and it got replaced. Then I returned the broken K1, but then I got this:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We wanted to let you know that we received your return for the above-referenced order.

The following is the breakdown of your expected refund:
Item(s) Returned:
1  "Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)"
  Reason: Item is defective
  Item Details:
        Price                                          $359.00
        Shipping                                      $18.98
        Restocking Fee                                $-71.80

Return Shipping Refund                                  $11.95

Total:                                                  $318.13

We'll send you an e-mail confirmation once the refund has been completed.

Now, I just got a $318.13 gift certificate credit in my email. What I'm thinking now is that they think my K1 didn't get replaced so I got the refund. Am I, right?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that and I checked my credit card, but I wasn't charged. And I already got a notice in my email before that I wasn't going to get charged $399 (I think that was the price of K1 before).

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I'm wondering why they would give me a gift card, don't they just return it your credit card account?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I emailed customer service. I won't apply the gift certificate to my account yet. It'd be nice to have it though.  ;D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Did you buy the first with a gift card? Because they refund however you purchased. My guess is they'll bill again ( countering the refund) when they ship the new one.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But I already got the replacement K1. Hmm, I'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went through this last week with my K1.  Got my new (or referb I can't tell) K1 (new box, cover, everything) and was charged a $18.98 shipping charge.  Then a few days later they sent me an email saying in response to my request they are refunding the $18.98 shipping charge.  I never asked for a refund, I was just happy they got it back to me so fast! 

The K1 I returned is still showing up on my account, do I have to de-register that one?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Yeah, karma.  I always return the extra change, money given to me I'm not owed.  It's too scary not to.
Good luck getting this straightened out.
deb

·
Registered
35 Posts
well i'd be worried they might have charged you for 2!

or they might catch the mistake later on and charge you!

i know it feels good to get free stuff
but most the time free is not free! lol!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would at least call and verify that everything is as it should be. There's the whole karma thing, and you also want to make sure they haven't made a mistake that's a detriment to you.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Called CS (can't wait for them to answer my email) and they said it was a mistake done by the computer so they're taking it back. The guy was really grateful though so I he gave me $20 on my account instead. There you go.  ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
That's great.  You ended up getting $20 you don't have to feel guilty about. 
I'm glad it worked out okay.
deb

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Good on you. I am one of those people who returns the extra change or bills when given too much. I figure it isn't mine so I shouldn't keep it. It sounds like Amazon rewarded you for your honesty! That is a couple or many books that you can put on your K1.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Florida Kev said:
I went through this last week with my K1. Got my new (or referb I can't tell) K1 (new box, cover, everything) and was charged a $18.98 shipping charge. Then a few days later they sent me an email saying in response to my request they are refunding the $18.98 shipping charge. I never asked for a refund, I was just happy they got it back to me so fast!

The K1 I returned is still showing up on my account, do I have to de-register that one?
I would just deregister it, that is what I did when I canceled my DX order and it was already showing on my account.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts