Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this in my email basket this morning. Anybody else see this? Is it true? I didn't see any warning about this coming. And ya know, I don't remember leaving a comment, only clicking on comment helpful.

Dear seller,

You are receiving this email because you recently left a comment on a review.

While reviews and feedback are important to our customers and sellers, the comments feature on customer reviews was rarely used. As a result, we are retiring this feature on December 16, 2020.

We are committed to your continued success and will innovate and develop other opportunities for you to connect with customers.

Thank you.

Amazon Services

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Weird. Comments have often been very helpful.

I doubt it is being abolished for the reason given. Rather, comments sections have turned into flame wars from time to time, so they're probably just turning them off just like many Yahoo articles no longer support comments the way they used to.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would agree that flame wars have probably erupted between reviewers and reviewers or reviewers and authors because of differences of opinions. I know that at one time back in the very beginning of my publications, I raised some stink with a reviewer and one of my writing friends advised me to delete it, lest it go viral and I embarrass myself. Who knows, really. Only Amazon has their reasons. Just cutting down on the pixel flab, maybe.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Seems Amazon is shutting down many features.

Amazon which now owns Goodreads has also shutoff various Goodreads features including the API key allowing you to load Goodreads reviews onto your authors website.

Seems like part of a lerger plan to limit comments/reviews.

I am getting more ratings now and much less actual text reviews...same on Goodreads.

Mark

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
markpauloleksiw said:
Seems Amazon is shutting down many features.

Amazon which now owns Goodreads has also shutoff various Goodreads features including the API key allowing you to load Goodreads reviews onto your authors website.

Seems like part of a lerger plan to limit comments/reviews.

I am getting more ratings now and much less actual text reviews...same on Goodreads.

Mark
I guess I'm getting more ratings too. I see one or two-star (ratings) on some books and there is no text to go with them. It confuses me. I see that on Goodreads too.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
chrisstevenson said:
I guess I'm getting more ratings too. I see one or two-star (ratings) on some books and there is no text to go with them. It confuses me. I see that on Goodreads too.
When a reader finishes a book on Kindle they have the opportunity to rate it. Just a star rating, not a review. I'd say people are far more willing to leave what I believe is an anonymous rating than spend the time to write a review.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts