1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RAR is accepting Review Copies again!

I've taken some advice and added the following rules:

In order to keep our Review Copy Queue more manageable:

Books that have ten or less reviews on Amazon.com will remain in the queue for approximately one year.

Books that have more than ten reviews on Amazon.com will be removed from the queue after approximately six months.

Hopefully, this will keep our queue a little shorter, while still helping us to meet our goal of getting Indies in the spotlight.  ;D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks for the update, Lynn.  I submitted my book back in September, and it's actually been reviewed already by one of your new reviewers (Thanks B.Tackitt!), but not on your website.  Should I still be hoping to get a review posted on RAR someday?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Lynn, you can take my book out of your queue to help ease the backlog.

I put forward Final Justice, but now I have an agent I'd rather hand my opportunity to get noticed over to someone else.

;)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JoeMitchell said:
Thanks for the update, Lynn. I submitted my book back in September, and it's actually been reviewed already by one of your new reviewers (Thanks B.Tackitt!), but not on your website. Should I still be hoping to get a review posted on RAR someday?
Normally, I would say yes. However, your book has over ten reviews, therefore, it will most likely be removed from the queue to make room for other, less reviewed books.

Another staff member could choose to review your book for RAR, though, so it's not completely out of the question. ;)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I think it's fantastic what you guys are doing over there and I hope that you can continue to bring on trusted reviewers as you're able to find them. It looks to me like RAR is on its way to becoming the premier review site for the indie book industry. That strikes me as both a huge opportunity and a daunting challenge.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had a look at your submission page and had a couple questions.  It says that you accept most fiction but I think I read here that some non-fiction books were reviewed.  Should I submit my history books (see sig.).  Also, I was a little unsure of your form instructions which say the book file name should be the Title, dose that mean it must match the Title as you put in the title box?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Library4Science said:
I had a look at your submission page and had a couple questions. It says that you accept most fiction but I think I read here that some non-fiction books were reviewed. Should I submit my history books (see sig.). Also, I was a little unsure of your form instructions which say the book file name should be the Title, dose that mean it must match the Title as you put in the title box?
Some of my staff will review nonfiction occassionally.

The book file name should be the title of your book.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for opening up again!

I can't tell whether my submission was sent or not. It's been ten minutes and I'm still getting the little spinning arrows next to the SEND button, so it looks like it's still sending, but that doesn't seem possible. LOL

Is there a way to check if it actually made its way into the queue or not?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Just one question. If you already submitted a book, do you need to resubmit it?

I have other questions but those can wait for the next mini-interview thing.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amanda Brice said:
Very cool! Thanks for opening up again!

I can't tell whether my submission was sent or not. It's been ten minutes and I'm still getting the little spinning arrows next to the SEND button, so it looks like it's still sending, but that doesn't seem possible. LOL

Is there a way to check if it actually made its way into the queue or not?
Nope, I didn't receive one from you. Most likely, you need to refresh the page.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kyrin said:
Thanks for the update.

Just one question. If you already submitted a book, do you need to resubmit it?

I have other questions but those can wait for the next mini-interview thing.
AAAHHHH!!!! :eek:

No! Please don't resubmit.

Boy, I hope no one else gets that idea! :D

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kyrin said:
I wasn't going to but I had to be the one to ask the occasional "stupid" question.
Hey, not a stupid question.

I'm actually very glad you asked. Someone might have been wondering that, decided not to ask, and just done it. Multiple someones... :D :D

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jackblaine said:
Here's my dumb question--do I need to submit a request? Not sure . . . ?
A request? Do you mean like a query or something?

If so, the answer is no.

The site clearly states that we will not respond to queries.

Sorry, but I used to get constant e-mails asking if I would be interested in reviewing a specific book. It just took too much time to respond. With at least six people reviewing, someone is bound to be interested in just about any book. :D ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts