Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have (had) 18 reviews for my book on the Amazon site.  Most 4 and 5 star with 3 3 star and 2 2 star.  I noticed recently that one of the 2 star reviews has disappeared.  It wasn't a nasty review, it was clearly a case that the reader did not enjoy my book.  I'm ok with that.  So, since I had no problem with it, how does one lose a review?  Could the reviewer have removed it?  Just curious.

·
Registered
181 Posts
People can also change their vote. Maybe they changed it from a 2 star to a 4 or 5? I had that happen when someone gave me a 5 star initially, but the review wasn't especially flattering. They didn't blast the book, just said it wasn't working for them. Then a few days later they changed it from a 5 star to a 3 star, which made a lot more sense based on the actual review.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that I think about it, I believe the reviewer did mention the price.  Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I've had some of my reviews removed before. I have no idea why they disappeared as they weren't in violation.

I do know why one was removed though: I disagreed with a prominant Amazon poster's review (they said the characters weren't realistic, yet the author had directly told me about the real life people they were based upon). Clearly that lead to a complaint. Apparently reviewers only like the stuff being hurled away from them.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I've also heard that when someone deletes their account, their associated reviews disappear as well. I know I had one 4-star review disappear after only a few days and I still occasionally wonder where it went! :)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Saffina Desforges said:
My guess is that someone reported it for not adhering to Amazon guidelines and they took it down. Reviewers are not allowed to mention price, reveal key plot spoilers etc...
Forreals? You can't mention the price of the book in your review?

·
Registered
982 Posts
MosesSiregarIII said:
Forreals? You can't mention the price of the book in your review?
Occasionally, Amazon won't remove a review for it. Instead, they'll remove the line about price.

I once saw an instance where someone said, "At $x.xx, this was a great buy."

They changed the numbers for x's like I wrote. I only saw it after they censored it, but the reviewer commented on their review about the change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.