Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing the odd review on my blog but am getting so many requests now it's impossible to read them all, so I have started a group today on goodreads for authors to try and get interested reviewers for their books.

I have quite a few genre folders already, if there is anything obvious I've missed, please let me know :)

And if you'd like to join and hopefully get some reviewers for your books, please feel free to join:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/88910-books-tales-review-group

Take care,
Annette

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great idea. Goodreads is just an excellent site all round.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I would love to see historical fiction, drama, and family saga. 

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Caddy said:
I would love to see historical fiction, drama, and family saga.
Historical was already there, it must have been on the next page of discussions :) I've added a family saga/drama folder now too.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have an author profile on Goodreads now and joined the group but don't have a clue as to how this works  ;D

I see a couple of posts already made asking for a review with the blurb etc. which I can use as reference

but how do they contact me and do I then email them a file in mobi, epub etc?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
E.L. MacRae said:
I have an author profile on Goodreads now and joined the group but don't have a clue as to how this works ;D

I see a couple of posts already made asking for a review with the blurb etc. which I can use as reference

but how do they contact me and do I then email them a file in mobi, epub etc?
The author posts details about their books, blurb genre etc. and then any interested reviewers will either leave you a message on your thread about that book or they might send you a private message via goodreads. It's very new, so I don't know if anyone has received any review requests yet, but hopefully soon :)

Once you have an interested reviewer, it's up to the author to send them a mobi, epub whatever they request etc.

take care
Annette

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
E.L. MacRae said:
Thanks Annette. Anyone get a bite on your hook yet ;)
Well I know at least one author who's had a bite, as I've offered to review it :)

Hopefully there will be a few more bites in weeks to come.

Take care,
Annette

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great idea. I checked it out and may add mine for a review.

Like many indies, I have the feeling that there are many of us and few of reviewers and (dang it) readers.

I will watch your discussion with interest.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts