Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Product Description

CaseCrown Kindle 2 Premium Double Memory Foam Pouch Case provides perfect protection for Kindle 2 E-book reader. This pouch is made out of premium quality shock absorbing double form and it provides extra protection even though case is very light and slim. This pouch is water resistant and Made in Korea.

I ordered the CaseCrown double memory foam Kindle case to have a pouch to protect my K2 in my purse and around the house. I decided against ordering a cover because I wanted to keep it small and thin but wanted zipper closure for protection. I also wanted a pocket to keep the cord in but didn't want it next to the screen. Thus I decided on this case.

It has memory foam that is about 1/2' thick in front and back. It has straps to hold the Kindle in place if you want to leave it in while you read. It works very well for my purposes and is well made.

I have pictures but can't figure out how to get them into the message boards. LOL

EllenR

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Thanks for the review, Ellen!  By chance, do you have a way to check the weight on this case?  That information is frequently helpful for those still trying to decide what they want, and the Amazon listing doesn't provide one.  Dimensions are also really useful.

That case is one I've looked at as well, love the Antique Map graphic!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Thanks for the review EllenR, I like the case. I don't know how to do photos or screen savers and have been here for 6 months. :-[
Linda,

LOL Well that makes me feel a bit better!

and Victoria,

The pictures I had would have been good for demonstration but I can give you the dimensions. The weight I am not sure about but it's probably about a quarter-pound or less. It's quite light without the Kindle inside.

Dimensions are: 9.5" wide by 7 inches tall by about 1" deep for the main pocket. The small pocket on the front is about 0.5" deep by 6.75" wide by about 5 inches tall.

The main pocket also has zipper pulls with holes for attaching a lock or a locking cable.

Hope that helps!

EllenR

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I like the fact that they have a pocket for the charger. 

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the pictures. Sorry they are so big!

Outside of case:

Case closed next to the Kindle 2:

Kindle in the opened case:

Dent to show the memory foam:

Closeup of the straps:

<edited by Leslie to add width tags to the images>

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
If you put a "width=500" or whatever number is appropriate in the first "img" tag, you'll be able to shrink the photos.

It should look like this:

Code:
[IMG]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/e_remily/4.jpg[/IMG]
which will make the photo look like this:

Hope this helps! You can go in and modify your own post, if you want. width=600 would probably work.

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Thank you for the review, that looks like a very good case for the K2.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Octochick said:
These are an interesting option, they also make them with out the outside pocket... which might be
an option some would prefer.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=CaseCrown+Double+Memory+Foam+Thin+Pouch+Case+For+Kindle+2&x=11&y=17

Also very good price. Some of the reviews I read have complained that they are hard to zip though (a consideration for
Victoria, I know) Has this been an issue with yours, Ellen?
I have not found mine to be difficult to zip. It does seem a little sticky at the corners sometimes, but not an issue for me personally. The tabs have a wave to them making them an easy fit for the fingers. I don't have an issue with my fingers or hands, though, so I can't say if it would be easy or hard for someone who did.

Hope that helps,
EllenR

·
Registered
556 Posts
Oooh!  I like the idea of memory foam.  But do they not make a K1 case???  :'(

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice case Ellen. Thanks for the review. It seems to be a good option for someone who wants a lightweight case for someone who doesn't want a cover. I'm going to keep this one in mind :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A new note on the CaseCrown case that I want to pass along:

After using the case for a week or so, I have found that the clear plastic holders across the top tend to stretch just a little. I wanted to post that note because if you walk around with the case unzipped, it is possible for the K2 to slide out. I have the feeling that the K1 would fit in fine because it's a little wider. This case may have been made to fit both?? The K2 is just a wee bit loose in the straps.

In addition, while it's not affecting my use of the K2, the plastic holder on the left side partially covers the on-off switch -- which some might find annoying. Doesn't bother me at all, but it is likely to bother some. :)

EllenR

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MonaSW said:
The ones with the outside pocket seem the best bet to me as it keeps the accessories away from the screen. Here is a link to them: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=CaseCrown+Kindle+Front+Pocket&x=12&y=16
Indeed they are. I keep my MightyBright XtraFlex light curled up in mine. It works beautifully. It is exactly what I needed for something to shove in my purse on the way out the door.

EllenR (who never wants to be without her Kindle)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ellen,
Thank you for bringing this rather affordable case to our attention.  Never even heard of this brand until now.  This seems like a great case for traveling.  Do you think the outside pocket is big enough to fit a mighty bright light?  Can you fold the cover back onto itself and read or is it to bulky to read in this manner?  Thank you.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ghum said:
Ellen,
Thank you for bringing this rather affordable case to our attention. Never even heard of this brand until now. This seems like a great case for traveling. Do you think the outside pocket is big enough to fit a mighty bright light? Can you fold the cover back onto itself and read or is it to bulky to read in this manner? Thank you.
I do use the outside pocket for my MightyBright light and it fits great. I love how that light folds up. That's actually the reason I bought this particular case.

The cover does fold back over and that's how I read with it. It is a little bulkier than I would expect a leather cover to be but it sits quite well on my lap folded over. If it's in my hands, it feels wonderful because the inside is memory foam. My fingers just sink into the foam as I read and I love that feeling. LOL It is so soft and comfortable as it molds to you.

I'm quite happy with the case. I did just order an Oberon case for the house but I prefer this case for when I leave home. It is so well padded that I feel safe with the Kindle in my purse.

Hope that helps,
EllenR

1 - 20 of 27 Posts