Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to laugh because it was so personal.  Clearly this woman hated Thinner Thighs in Thirty Years but she began to hate me, too.  The next day another bad review asking
"where is the story?" 

Well, sales had been brisk but those two reviews brought them to a halt.  Next day, thank goodness, somebody left a good review.

I took it all in without much angst.  It's part of the game and I have developed a thick skin.

Also people don't really understand Kindle Singles.  They are short pieces.  Readers are so used to getting a 300 page novel for $0.99 so when they get a 20 to 50 page short, they feel cheated.

Oh, well.  I received 30 "likes" and several four and five star reviews.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Consuelo Saah Baehr said:
I had to laugh because it was so personal. Clearly this woman hated Thinner Thighs in Thirty Years but she began to hate me, too. The next day another bad review asking
"where is the story?"

Well, sales had been brisk but those two reviews brought them to a halt. Next day, thank goodness, somebody left a good review.

I took it all in without much angst. It's part of the game and I have developed a thick skin.

Oh, well. I received 30 "likes" and several four and five star reviews.
I'd pay 99 cents just to put the title on my reader.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
This was a very mean thing of the reviewer to say. I know we are supposed to be ready for anything and have thick skin, but still.

Yes, short fiction is sometimes being disliked and given negative reviews just because it is short.  :mad:

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I'm not sure a reviewer is allowed to get that personal under Amazon TOS.

Might want to point it out to the proper folks at Amazon.

The "where is the story" thing is just an opinion, but a comment like that? Reads like a TOS violation to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I read that comment a few days ago when I was looking at your books, and I thought it was totally tasteless and mean. And I agree that I would think that would be against Amazon's TOS for comments. But good for you for taking it in stride, that's the mark of a true professional. I think people just say things like that because they want to be clever and don't always understand there's a real person behind the book. 

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I agree.  I actually reported the review earlier today.  That's the only thing the "review" says.  Just that.  Seriously.  I haven't read any of your books, Consuelo (not my genre) but for someone to say something like that?  I seriously almost flamed them but decided against it.  So wrong on so many levels, and totally uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm touched but not surprised by the support I've received on this board over this review.  I've had the best month ever selling over 2300 books (over seven books) and that is uplifting but the best thing that has come out of this is the kindness of my fellow writers and posters at the Writers' Cafe.  Heartfelt thanks to all.

Consuelo

1 - 20 of 37 Posts