Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great legal thriller. There's a lot about the life of a criminal defense lawyer who does his best for his clients, even the guilty ones. Threads that seem irrelevant somehow come together in a well-crafted scenario that works at the very end.

Painting with a very broad brush, the story is structurally similar to the Earl Stanley Gardner novels I read a long time ago: The first half presents the complications that make you wonder how the heck the hero, Mickey Haller by name, will see justice done; the second half is dominated by the action in court. The ending is more complex than a typical Perry Mason, but it completely fits the way a modern criminal law thriller should work. Michael Connelly shows he can do lawyers as well as cops.

5 stars.
B000FCKG1G

·
Registered
216 Posts
Solid review. Thanks for posting it

·
Registered
770 Posts
I really enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer too.  IMHO, it is the best of the Micky Haller books.  It introduces the character, Micky Haller, and I love the character in this book.  In later books, I think the character loses some of his uniqueness, which is disappointing.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm going to start reading this series as well as his Harry Bosch detective series. I just got a book signed by the author at a recent writer's conference, so that inspired me to check the series out. Glad to see your positive review.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Enjoyed the movie. Guess I'll try the novel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts