Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently completed a Librarything give away, and very happily gave out quite a lot of books.  I have been emailed by one of the people that recieved the book that they cannot leave a review as free downloads do not qualify to the right to leave a review!!

I have however received other reviews from the same group of people after the giveaway.  I trust that the reviewer is not being daft  ;)

Has anybody seen this before?  Any ideas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In order to review on Amazon, you must have made a purchase in the past. You don't have to purchase the item you are reviewing, but you have to have bought SOMETHING.

If the reader has never purchased anything on Amazon, she won't be able to leave a review. Even if you gifted the book to her through the Amazon system. They recently closed up that loophole because people used it to create sock puppet account and leave fake reviews so they could get the verified purchase tag. I believe it has been that way for a while now.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
In order to review on Amazon, you must have made a purchase in the past. You don't have to purchase the item you are reviewing, but you have to have bought SOMETHING.

If the reader has never purchased anything on Amazon, she won't be able to leave a review. Even if you gifted the book to her through the Amazon system. They recently closed up that loophole because people used it to create sock puppet account and leave fake reviews so they could get the verified purchase tag. I believe it has been that way for a while now.
"Something" or "some book"...???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sapphire said:
"Something" or "some book"...???
Something. Doesn't have to be a book. It could be a banana slicer for all Amazon cares. But they only let people who have made purchases review.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts