Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing reviews on a (near) weekly basis for the past couple of months. Now I would like to spotlight some indie historical novels. I'm open to any type of historical novel as long as it is reasonably historically accurate. No research makes me cranky -- just so you'll know. I even enjoy an occasion historical romance as long as they have a solid historical basis. (Sorry for the 'even', but many, many historical romances have no historical basis and this annoys me no end)

So anyone who has a historical novel they'd like me to review, give me a PM please. I usually post a review on Friday or Saturday.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Hi JR:  I PM'd you about The Last Romantics. A click on the cover in my sig will take you to the Kindle page which has more details. I'm a NYT bestselling author and TLR was originally published in hard cover by Simon & Schuster. Rights reverted to me & I've made it available on Kindle. Regards, Ruth

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi JR Tomlin,

It's so good to see you around here! I actually posted an interview with you on my site. Not sure if you saw it. It turned out pretty great:

http://theopenend.com/2011/06/07/freedoms-sword-an-interview-with-j-r-tomlin-interview/

As for historical novels. The history that I painstakingly try to get correct, action for action, is the history that has surrounded my life. I feel like any book that reflects on the narrator's surroundings is historical enough, but I know I have a lose definition of history, and I know we aren't talking about the same kind of history.

How are you?

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goodness, I did miss that interview. Thanks for posting it! I'll have to tweet it.

I define historical fiction as anything that is set at least 50 years in the past. That's a pretty common definition, but I would certainly get an argument from some quarters. :)

Edit: I'm doing very well. Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
J. R.,

Thank you so much for offering.  I just sent you a personal message with information about my historical novel.  I look forward to hearing from you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts