Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a couple of readers tell me that Amazon requires them to purchase something before allowing them to post reviews. Has anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yes.  Amazon requires you to buy something before you can do any reviews.  After you  make one purchase, you can post reviews.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yup they require you to buy it in order to leave a review. I know I ordered some books from smash words and thought they were great reads left reviews over there and thought I could leave some at amazon as well. I guess it is a good idea because if someone hasn't read it probably be unfair to leave a review. Now the exception to that I think would be if you loaned the book to someone or purchased for a family friend as a gift and they wanted to leave a review, I guess they would not be allowed to and in that instance it's a good opportunity for them to leave a review although they didn't personally purchase it themselves. :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Eliza Baum said:
I've reviewed things that I did not buy on Kindle, because I checked them out of the library. They do have this new (I think) thing where reviews are marked as an "Amazon Verified Purchase" if the books were bought on the site.
They have to have been bought on the same account as the review is posted from. I've done some reviews with my account, but bought them on my wife's account, the account my kindle and hers are registered to. My reviews say "real name" not verified purchase even though I did actually buy them.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
It's mostly to block complete spammers and sock puppets.

Not very effective, but...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
scl said:
They have to have been bought on the same account as the review is posted from. I've done some reviews with my account, but bought them on my wife's account, the account my kindle and hers are registered to. My reviews say "real name" not verified purchase even though I did actually buy them.
1. You have to have purchased something from Amazon in order to write a review. If you buy a music CD, you can then review to your heart's content. You can review books, CDs, DVDs, whatever Amazon sells. You do not have to buy something to review it; you merely have to have purchased something, sometime, from Amazon. However, the review has to be tied back to an account.

2. When you post a review for something you've actually purchased, there's a little box you can tick (or untick as the case may be) which will add a line that says, "Amazon verified purchase". That little line confirms that you've purchased the item from Amazon.com. The lack of that line doesn't necessarily mean you haven't bought it from Amazon.com, however. [Edit: You can untick the box and you won't show an 'Amazon Verified Purchase'.]

3. If you wish to review something and post it to both the Amazon.com product page AND the Amazon UK page, then you have to have purchased something from both Amazon.com and from Amazon UK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
D.A. Boulter said:
1. You have to have purchased something from Amazon in order to write a review. If you buy a music CD, you can then review to your heart's content. You can review books, CDs, DVDs, whatever Amazon sells. You do not have to buy something to review it; you merely have to have purchased something, sometime, from Amazon. However, the review has to be tied back to an account.

2. When you post a review for something you've actually purchased, there's a little box you can tick (or untick as the case may be) which will add a line that says, "Amazon verified purchase". That little line confirms that you've purchased the item from Amazon.com. The lack of that line doesn't necessarily mean you haven't bought it from Amazon.com, however.

3. If you wish to review something and post it to both the Amazon.com product page AND the Amazon UK page, then you have to have purchased something from both Amazon.com and from Amazon UK.
agree

1 - 9 of 9 Posts