Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the steps please to unpublish and republish a book -- in order to start fresh with no reviews?

·
Registered
585 Posts
You could have major problems with amazon if you try to affect your reviews.  It could even get your account suspended.  I think what the previous reply said about an author's note might be the best you can do.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Sorry to burst you bubble but this is how it works. Yes you can unpublish a book while you make changes to allow for say errors and your eBook will disappear from sale.

However, when you republish again, all the previous reviews will return. All you can do is to put an addition to your blurb to say this is an updated version, or just leave it and await new reviews to come in. .

As for setting it up as a new project with a new title, I suggest to read the post on here while it is visible.... Kindle Notice to Block, where the author says Amazon/kindle have told them if they don't change the title back to the original, they will block the book.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I think they mean publishing an entirely new project with a different ASIN, not republishing the same book with a different cover and interior (using the same ASIN)

For print, the former is the way Amazon tells you to go. But if you then link that print copy to an existing ebook, the reviews will transfer too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts