Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a sci-fi writer born in the 60s, it's not surprising that I love the original Star Trek. And as you may have heard, today Leonard Nimoy passed away.

I realize this is off-topic for this forum, but for me, it's not so much. My editor and I have a long-standing in-house joke that the main character in each of my stories, whether male or female, child or codger, is to be played by William Shatner. And therefore any second character is Spock. Unless it's the antagonist in the book, then it's Khan.

In my first book, Spock was a twenty-something black woman. In my latest, he's a 14-year-old boy.

So I say, RIP Leonard Nimoy. You shall live on in ways you could have never imagined.

K.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh NO! This is so sad.
I actually just found out last year that someone in my extended family is distant cousins with him too. As a geek I thought that was so cool...

It's a sad sad day in the universe...

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
My first thought was No, not Spock.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Sad day. What an amazing man.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
I didnt know... I don't really watch the news. Thanks for posting this, I am both glad that he was here and saddened that he is gone. Just like when Robin Williams died recently, I think the world is just that tiny bit less interesting for not having him in it. I was so looking forward to seeing him and Sheldon meet on the Big Bang Theory.

Legend!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Heartbroken.

I cried my eyes out as a child at the cinema when Spock said those words "i have been and always will be, your friend."

·
Registered
515 Posts
David VanDyke said:
He did live long and prosper. Modern culture worldwide would not have been the same without him.

*Vulcan salute*
He did get to be a part of the new Star Trek also. I think he was the only one from the original cast?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts