Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Age 83.

We'll miss you, Columbo.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm sad too. So many years have passed since I watched Columbo, and yet I can hear his voice crystal clear.  He would point his cigar and say, "Now let me get this straight...."  :)

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Yeah - the news piece that I saw did not list his work in "Murder by Death".
But they did mention Columbo's raincoat, beatup Peugeot and "Just one more thing".

So sorry to hear he suffered from Alzheimers.

Just sayin......

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Oh. . .just one other thing. . . . . . .

;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Unlike much of what's on today, Columbo was worth staying home to watch.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
I liked all those Sunday Mystery Theater shows. There was also McCloud and MacMillan and Wife. . . . .And I think Quincy started there but then became a series on it's own. . . .not sure about that though. . . .

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
I liked all those Sunday Mystery Theater shows. There was also McCloud and MacMillan and Wife. . . . .And I think Quincy started there but then became a series on it's own. . . .not sure about that though. . . .
I kind of remember Quincy's pilot running as one of the Sunday Mystery Movies, too, but then it became a one hour show instead of joining the one and a half hour show rotation.

There was also another night they ran ... Tuesdays? That's where Banacek came from. (wikipedia says it was Wednesdays./url])

Sad about Peter Falk. I loved Columbo.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
While everyone always thinks of Peter Falk as Columbo, I loved him best in The In-Laws with Alan Arkin. That movie cracks me up every single time I see it. Here's the famous Serpentine! Serpentine! scene....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I will miss COlumbo and his messy raincoat.  Thing I loved about COlumbo was the beat up Peugeot.  We had one exactly like it, and I remember taking my drivers test in it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They just reported on the news that in all those years, Columbo's first name was never mentioned.

I forgot about Princess Bride.  :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
It's sad that he passed away, but I don't remember him too much.  The one thing that does stick out in my head is "The Princess Bride" and "Roommates" movies.  Never watched "Columbo"...

Tris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts