Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a Disney message board I frequent, a poster stated that she took her Kindle on Rock 'n Rollercoaster at Walt Disney World. That evening when she turned her kindle on the screen was permanatly messed up. She called CS and explained what she did and they told her that was abuse and they wouldn't replace it. 

Duh!  Ya think so?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Was it in her purse and she didn't realize it? I can't imagine taking my Kindle to Disney under any circumstance. It could get wet from rides, knocked around or stolen.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kathy said:
Was it in her purse and she didn't realize it? I can't imagine taking my Kindle to Disney under any circumstance. It could get wet from rides, knocked around or stolen.
That was my thought. I realize you might have time where you are standing around and waiting in lines and that might be a good time for a little reading -- but if it were me, that would be the time I pull out my iPhone and read on that.

L

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She actually just put it at her feet...this roller coaster has inversions, she's lucky she didn't lose it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would have to agree with Customer Service.  If it was damaged because of something that I did, I'd be happy that Amazon offers $180 replacement.  If I damage my cell phone, I don't get a break like that, I have to pay full price to replace it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
kevin63 said:
I would have to agree with Customer Service. If it was damaged because of something that I did, I'd be happy that Amazon offers $180 replacement. If I damage my cell phone, I don't get a break like that, I have to pay full price to replace it.
Is this policy in place for the K1? If *I* damage my K1, would I be able to buy a new one for $180.00?

·
Registered
921 Posts
idolguy said:
Is this policy in place for the K1? If *I* damage my K1, would I be able to buy a new one for $180.00?
I don't know how it works with the K1.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
idolguy said:
I believe that was the policy for the K1 but I think the actual replacement decisions are handled on a case-by-case basis.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
That was the way it worked before K2 came out.  I'm not sure that anybody has tested that policy since.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
vsch said:
She actually just put it at her feet...this roller coaster has inversions, she's lucky she didn't lose it.
She put it at her feet? Like others said, good God, what was she thinking?

L

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
vsch said:
You actually can't fall out of a roller coaster that inverts. Unless it gets stuck or something. I've heard that you actually couldn't jump out if you tried. The dangerous part for losing things is the curves.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The topic of a replacement K2 outside of warranty came up in this thread:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7018.0.html

Part of comment:

Joe Paul Jr. said:
...By the way, if you don't have the additional coverage or have used it up, Amazon will charge you $200 for a replacement Kindle if you do something dumb and damage your existing one (one of the fun facts I learned while talking to the amiable Jennifer in Kindle support). Pretty generous if you ask me....

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
marianner said:
You actually can't fall out of a roller coaster that inverts. Unless it gets stuck or something. I've heard that you actually couldn't jump out if you tried. The dangerous part for losing things is the curves.
I think the concern was about her purse at her feet falling out...with Kindle in it! ;D

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
marianner said:
Well, yeah. They strap the people in tightly. But they also usually say to make sure you're wearing shoes that tie on your feet and, if not, either leave them with the ride person or sit on them.

Having said that, I don't know how going up and down and around should bother the Kindle. . .chances are it got jerked and jostled and bumped as well.

I'm not sure that woman is responsible enough to have a Kindle. . . .don't some of you have 10 or 11 year olds that would want it. . . . :D

Ann

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Interesting. I guess the Kindle couldn't handle the G forces. Or it got knocked around in her purse too much.  :-\

1 - 20 of 28 Posts