Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right guys. I need you.

Very soon I will be publishing an essay-length memoir, The Cookie Dumpster. It focuses on the time I spent homeless as a teen.

So Ronnell Porter did a couple covers for me, and I love them both. I really need help deciding.

BUT FIRST! I need some basic help in how to post them here. I have them on Flickr, and I copied the BBCode, but all that produced was a link and a box with a red X in it.

So please enlighten me and I'll post the covers!

Thanks!

Shana

·
Registered
982 Posts
Flickr gives you the code, so it links back to your photo if people click it. Go to your photo, click the share button above the image, select BBcode. Copy the code in the box and paste into your post.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I'm not as talented as Vicky Foxx, I can't make the pictures appear here, but would you guys mind clicking my links and letting me know what you think?

Thanks!
Shana

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I like the first one but is there anyway you could get the color for the lettering changed? It is really hammering my eyes. Otherwise awesome. :)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
NUMBER 1
NUMBER 2

I definitely prefer Number 1. Looks way better in Thumbnail.

Option 2 is harder to read, less colorful.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Definately the second cover. The first is merely eye-catching, the second is both eye-catching and thought-provoking.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Definitely the first one would be my choice. The second one seems a bit busy. But at the end of the day, it is what you are happy with. Good Luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Number 1 is the best. Though I'm not a big fan of the font. But I still love the image. Number 2, like Dchase said. Its rather busy. But I love the font and the line with the heart on it. May I suggest putting together the image in #1 and the font in #2 (but keeping the red). It might make the image look so eyecatching in both thumbnail and fullview.

·
Registered
438 Posts
#2 is a little too literal. #1 is more artistic. I think the font in #1 might need tweaking, the red is bit jarring in my opinion.

;D

·
Registered
822 Posts
The second looks more professional to me. Title could use a different color, though, the white washes out in the background.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts