Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!  My name is Jane and my Kindle just got shipped out today so I don't have it yet but I heard about this board on the discussions page at Amazon so I figured I should introduce myself and get any tips about my kindle before my "unboxing ceremony" takes place when it arrives.   ;D
Just a little bit about me, I'm turning 29 on December 23rd, I'm from AZ, I'm a registered respiratory therapist at a children's hospital and I bought the kindle because, now that I'm out of school (hopefully permanently) I'm starting to get a feel for reading books that I enjoy again rather than books that are required reading for class.  If there are any books that anyone would like to suggest that I read that would be great.  I mostly like adventurous, mysterious, uplifting, romantic type of books but I'm willing to branch out and read almost anything at this point!  Thanks for reading my little intro and happy kindling everyone!  :-* :D ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Jane and welcome to our obsession!! Congrats on your kindle shipping. You have come to the right place to check out all things kindle. Have fun and keep us posted on the arrival of your kindle. We love kindlewatch around here!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
KindleJaneRRT said:
Hello everyone! My name is Jane and my Kindle just got shipped out today so I don't have it yet but I heard about this board on the discussions page at Amazon so I figured I should introduce myself and get any tips about my kindle before my "unboxing ceremony" takes place when it arrives. ;D
Just a little bit about me, I'm turning 29 on December 23rd, I'm from AZ, I'm a registered respiratory therapist at a children's hospital and I bought the kindle because, now that I'm out of school (hopefully permanently) I'm starting to get a feel for reading books that I enjoy again rather than books that are required reading for class. If there are any books that anyone would like to suggest that I read that would be great. I mostly like adventurous, mysterious, uplifting, romantic type of books but I'm willing to branch out and read almost anything at this point! Thanks for reading reading my little intro and happy kindling everyone! :-* :D ;)
Welcome. You will love your Kindle.

For book ideas I would recommend hitting these three threads. There's enough here to overwhelm you real quick. If they have already registered your kindle to your account, you can start buying books right away. Amazon has 9 or 10 books for free right now. They will be on the last few pages of the free books thread.

Bargain Prices www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,770.0.html
Books recommended by our readers www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1140.0.html
Free Books www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,532.0/topicseen.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll be sure to look at all of those websites after I get off from work tonight.  I've already started uploading books to my Kindle queue, I have the entire series of Twilight waiting for me to read as soon as I get it!  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Jane!

Congratulations on your coming Kindle and on your first posts on Kindleboards!

As Sebat said, lots of good book recommendations in the Book Corner, AND we're goingto have book clubs starting in January!

If you want to buy your Kindle a gift, check out Accessories!

And, since your Kindle has been shipped, you might want to post in the Official I'm Waiting for My Kindle thread
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,562.0.html

We love being on Kindlewatch!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi 

Glad your here.

Could have use you yesterday with every one hyperventilating when the boards went down/

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
tessa said:
Could have use you yesterday with every one hyperventilating when the boards went down/
Ah...so it wasn't just me ;-p

Welcome aboard Jane...good to have you here. Head over to the Book Corner for some great recommendations...I've been reading books that I normally wouldn't pick up :)

B

·
0 Posts
KindleJaneRRT said:
I mostly like adventurous, mysterious, uplifting, romantic type of books but I'm willing to branch out and read almost anything at this point! Thanks for reading my little intro and happy kindling everyone! :-* :D ;)
Sounds like you are a candidate for The Princess Bride. It fits all those categories and more.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Jane,

Welcome aboard!  Glad to have you here.

Congratulations on getting a Kindle & in finishing up your degree (guessing)!

You are going to have to put away those Twilight books so you can read "Outlander" and join the book klub  ;)

Let us all know what you think of the Twilight series - there is a thread here devoted to it.

Marci

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LuckyRainbow said:
Sounds like you are a candidate for The Princess Bride. It fits all those categories and more.
Lol, and of course now that you've said that I totally bought that book and now it's waiting on my list for me to download when I get my Kindle. :D ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tessa said:
Hi

Glad your here.

Lol, yeah I saw that on the Kindle discussion pages and that's how I found out about Kindleboards.com! ::)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marci said:
You are going to have to put away those Twilight books so you can read "Outlander" and join the book klub ;)

Marci
I just looked up Outlander on Amazon and read that one passage that they put in the description, so of course now I have that one also waiting in my Kindle queue! ;D :D ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hey Jane, welcome! Glad to have you here. This is a fun and friendly group of avid readers. You'll get lots of great suggestions.

A few of us have been posting our top ten lists for the year over in the book corner. Check it out...lots of good suggestions there.

L

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm a rookie too!  Isn't this a great place!

I too remember the days when I switched from obligatory reading to pleasure reading.  What a joy!  What surprised me is that I still wanted to read a lot of books by the same authors I read in college.  I was an English Lit major so that's not totally surprising, but it was a lot more fun to read stuff because I wanted to and not because it was required by a course.

I can't wait to hear about your new Kindle when you get it!

-KindleMom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts