Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic as the promo hasn't even happened yet, but I was planning a countdown deal to coincide with the release of the second book in the series (March 26).  I thought being proactive and submitting to sites well in advance was a good strategy, especially since my day job is about to get extra hectic. So I spent the weekend sending out requests.

Problem is I got word back from ENT that they want to run my promo March 3!!!- I made the mistake in saying I was flexible with dates (But failed to say that I wasn't THAT flexible)  Other advertisements are already set up for later in the month.

Lesson learned: I should have applied to ENT and waited to hear back from them and then line up the other sites around them!

Now my dilemma, what to do? I asked them if it was possible to postpone the promotion till later in the month but haven't heard back yet. Maybe I'll keep the countdown deal later in the month but do a single price drop for the day of the ENT advertisement since the whole goal is visibility anyways.

Geeze, everyone else seemed to have such flawless promotions... But now I see  that these buggers are hard to coordinate.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
AYClaudy said:
Maybe I'll keep the countdown deal later in the month but do a single price drop for the day of the ENT advertisement since the whole goal is visibility anyways.
Be very careful! Countdowns have stringent conditions, and I think you're not allowed to have changed your price in the preceding 30 days. So you could find yourself without a countdown at all!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yes, what Pauline said. If you change your price, you have to wait 30 more days before you can do a Countdown deal.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you CadyVance and PaulineMRoss I see now that option will not work. I guess I'll just have to practice my patience and wait and see if I get a response back from ENT, which in doing so will mean I lose the spot they've already offered.

Ah well, live and learn. I will be sure not to make this mistake ever again. 

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Claudy, do you have a pre-order for the next book up? If you're locked in with ENT you could still run your countdown on the third, then a lot of your read through will be people picking up pre-orders. Maybe not ideal, but you probably won't lose out on many potential sales.

·
Registered
293 Posts
To decrease the drama, remember that even if you lost your spot with ENT, your countdown isn't ruined. You have some other promotions lined up, and ENT approved your book, so they'll likely do it again. Cheer up, everything will turn out well  :)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Ask ENT to delay the promo to the correct day or to later. Once the countdown is over with, you are free to do a 1-day price drop to coincide with your new date.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David VanDyke said:
Ask ENT to delay the promo to the correct day or to later. Once the countdown is over with, you are free to do a 1-day price drop to coincide with your new date.
I've made this request, but I think by time I get an answer back the time will be up to purchase the spot they already offered. So, hopefully they agree to push it back and then there's no harm done.

ChrisFox I do have the pre-order up, so it would be doable to have the early promo... and then I could always do a price drop after for those other sites, but first I have to wait to hear back from ENT about changing the date to see what they say.

Smikeo- Thank you. I'm alright with it. Just thought I'd share my bloopers to planning a promo in hope that others might avoid this same mistake. Cause really it all boils down to me not having patience in planning.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Chris Fox said:
Ereader News Today. They're the 2nd largest book ad site, behind BookBub. They're also a lot cheaper, so within budget for a lot of new indies. It's the most effective site I've ever used, and most people have had similar results.
Chris,

Thanks! I've read a lot about BookBub and how exclusive they are but ENT was beyond me. I enjoyed your cover post too, hoping mine will do the job now that I have some help.

Regards,
SM

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really impressed that ENT got back to me already to reschedule!! They have now moved my promo to March 23.

I guess you all may be seeing a "Promo Results" thread from me around that time!

·
Registered
793 Posts
AYClaudy said:
Really impressed that ENT got back to me already to reschedule!! They have now moved my promo to March 23.

I guess you all may be seeing a "Promo Results" thread from me around that time!
Wonderful news!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stephanie Tsikrikas said:
Glad you asked, because I was scared to :D
N00b problems
We need an acronyms thread. I'm still trying to figure out half of the things on here and then here I go and do the same thing. Sorry!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
AYClaudy said:
We need an acronyms thread. I'm still trying to figure out half of the things on here and then here I go and do the same thing. Sorry!
Hey, no worries, glad you got the ENT to work with you and glad you posted. I checked out their site today and the Fox was correct, they are affordable and that helped me. I bookmarked them for consideration when I am ready to do my first promotion.

Keep us posted on your efforts!
Regards,
SM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts