Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spent my first hour as a newbie reading all the posts I could. So much good information and recommendations. Love the bargain suggestions. Free books are easy to find at Amazon but for the bargains you have to dig through hundreds of pages.

My Kindle is 10 months old now and it is always near me. We are full time RVrs and there is never enough space in a motorhome for all the books. Now I can put hundreds of books in my purse and I can have several books going at once.  I had just about stopped reading for pleasure because of poor eyesight. Now I just kick it up a size and read comfortably for hours.

I am glad I saw the post that led me here.

Rita

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Welcome, Margarita.

You will love it here.  Kindleboards addiction does start to cut into your Kindle time after a while. ;)  

I, too, move around a lot and have to travel light.  I had almost stopped reading because I couldn't lug all the books with me.  I love saying...I've got 80 books here and my Kindle hasn't gained an ounce. :D

You'll have to share some RVing adventures with us.  What are your favorite areas of the country?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Rita, we are glad you found us. I think you have found The Book Corner, check out bookclubs starting in Jan which should be fun. RV'g sounds like fun, I hope to do some of that when my hubby & I retire.
Linda

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I don't know if I would want to be a full-time RV'er, but part-time would be awesome! I love to travel and meet new people and would love to hear some of your adventures. Have you ever read RV There Yet?
by Diann Hunt? It is hilarious!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the welcome.

Living in a sardine can on wheels has it challenges but we have been at it for 11 years.
we go north in the summer and south in the winter. We have a home base in Oregon and another spot in Arizona. Gas prices have stopped us from traveling as much as we would like but we have been across the country, from sea to shining sea., The first modification we made to our motorhome was to build a small bookcase just for paperbacks and videos. Now my husband can have all the space he needs for his books as mine are all on the Kindle.

Rita

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards!  We've got great book recommendations in the Book Corner, and we have book clubs beginning SOON!

My husband I weren't full time RV'ers, but we did a lot of travelling in ours, including a trip to Alaska in 1995, and several winters in Florida.  Loved it.  One set of cabinets was stuffed with fabric, and had books in another.  Wish I'd had the Kindle then.

Betsy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome Rita!

I'm a newbie here, too....and these guys are the best!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have a lot of friends here in Mexico that RV, aka snow birds - I have to keep my hands on my kindle because when I show it to them they are all ready to snatch it from me!!  They can hardly wait to get back north so they can get their kindles! 

This is a great website too all kinds of wonderful info - not to mention the folks that are here as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts