Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother-in-law and his wife have been married forever...NO KIDS...they just lost their beloved dog last week; who is (was) the spitting image of Marley.  Such awful timing with the movie's release and the Holidays.  The poor baby was only 5 years old...had to be put down with kidney failure.  My heart is broken for them; I know how I'm still grieving over my beloved (Lhasa) Sophia who was also only 5.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Very sad, I'm sorry to hear about it. It must be hard for them as the movie images are everywhere!

Betsy
What she said.

Perhaps they would like the Pet thread here, with the Rainbow bridge and all the stories?? Might let them know they will be able to bear the grief ???

Marci

I

·
0 Posts
I found a "Marley" dog at the pound a couple years ago.  He weighs 135lbs but isn't as wild as Marley was.  He's a gentile giant. 

One thing I have noticed since I got him is there of pictures of that breed everywhere.  They are a favorite of photographers and ad agencies everywhere.  The release of Marley and Me has made it worse.  :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all; I do feel so bad for them with all the movie hype everywhere...the timing was just awful.

Vampyre:  I agree it is more so now
Those dogs moved up in the ranks in 1991 to the top owned dog on the akc list

Rainbow Bridge is awesome:  A friend sent it to me when I lost Sophia

Eclectic Reader: I understand your pain completely; I lost my Lhasa in May...this house is no longer the same...and hubby won't let me get another.  My whole family has been working on him to change his mind.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My husband has given our Havanese, Diego a stern lecture that he is NOT allowed to die before we do.  Losing a pet is just so painful..... they really are family members.  I'm so sorry to hear about the loss SJC!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts