Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an e-mail last night from my daughter's teacher saying one of her classmates passed away. When I told her, her face crumpled, and we sat and held each other while she cried. I wish so much that I could protect her from the sadnesses of life. In some ways, she's so innocent, but in others, her understanding is deeper than anyone would guess. She has so many challenges. There are things she'll never understand, never be able to do. But she understands death and grief. That just seems so unfair.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
My heart goes out to you and her.  My Godson/cousin has downs and went through this same thing a few years back.  He also had a life threatening illness and we almost lost him around the same time.  

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Colette, my heart goes out to you and your daughter.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all, especially for the hugs. I really, really need hugs today.

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
Colette Duke said:
The chocolate helps. A lot. :)
cool. and the best part about virtual chocolate is that it can be any brand you want, any flavor you want and it doesn't have any calories.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scarlet said:
cool. and the best part about virtual chocolate is that it can be any brand you want, any flavor you want and it doesn't have any calories.
As someone who spends a lot of time at a desk, I value the no-calorie treats. (You can read that as though it was said around a big piece of virtual chocolate, because it was.)

·
Registered
704 Posts
That is difficult to deal with without having special needs! She must be sad for her to think about.... Is she talking to you about it? I will pray for her.(I have two daughters with special needs).
Brenda

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Hugs to you and your daughter Colette. 

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kdawna said:
That is difficult to deal with without having special needs! She must be sad for her to think about.... Is she talking to you about it? I will pray for her.(I have two daughters with special needs).
Brenda
She's expressing her emotions, but she isn't able to put a lot of them into words. And of course, she's been at school most of the day. The other kids have had time to adjust (we were away for a few days), so the edge will be off the initial grief there. Maybe that will make it easier for her. Thank you for your prayers for my daughter.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts