Kindle Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sending a hug.  As a paediatric nurse, I always had a special place in my heart for Downs Syndrome  children.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
She doesn't want to talk about it, just looks down and shakes her head. I've explained that sometimes we need to talk about sad feelings, and that she can talk about them to any of our family (we have a lot of family). So she knows. She's just not ready yet. I'm trying not to talk about it with her too much, though, because there's no point making her obsess over her grief.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Oh man...I am so sorry. It never seems fair when a kid dies, and the double smack of their friends trying to cope...very unfair :(

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I am so sorry.  The Downs kids I've met seem to feel emotion on the purest level, which means her heart is very full of "sad" right now.  :(

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm so sorry this happened.  I'm sending more virtual hugs and, of course, chocolate to you both.  Sometimes it seems all we can do is be there for our children and hold them close. 

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your daughter.  You sound like a wonderful mother.

This reminds me that I lost a good kindergarten friend when I was 6.  She had some kind of cancer.  I've seen her gravestone with an angel on it.  It's in the same cemetery as my grandmother and grandfather's graves.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's been a couple of days now, and she's perking up again. A little. My sweet girl.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sometime it's really hard when you don't have all of the language you need to express your feelings. Hugs to both of you.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts