Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prolific novelist and "ER" creator Michael Crichton has unexpectedly died after a private battle with cancer. He was 66.

Known for his best-selling books like "Jurassic Park," and its sequel "The Lost World," which were made into a successful movie franchise, Crichton has sold more than 150 million books worldwide. Many of his books, including "The Andromeda Strain," "Congo," "Twister," "Terminal Man," and "Disclosure," were also turned into films.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Oh, that is sad news. I remember reading The Andromeda Strain back in high school and being terrified.

I have certainly read plenty of his other books, too.

Thanks for sharing this information.

L

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thank you for sharing the news. I am the Assistant Director at a public library and will share the news with my ataff and patrons.

I have spent a lot of time enjoying his books. His talent will be missed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is a sad day.  I have read and enjoyed many of his books.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
My first Crichton read, as a teenager, was The Terminal Man. I always enjoyed the scientific slant to his novels. Sorry to hear this news.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That is sad.  It's too bad that it's going to be overshadowed by Obama's victory, I wonder how many will even hear about it. 

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
How sad, a young 66 at that. He left a legacy behind and will always be remembered.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very sad to hear this.

·
Registered
273 Posts
CBS Evening News did a nice piece on Crichton.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So sad. I've read plenty of his books over the years. I wasn't aware that he was ill.  :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Terminal Man was the first book of his I read. The Andromeda Strain is still one of my all-time favorite movies. He'll be missed.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yes, I saw the news on SciFi Wire this morning.  What a shame to lose such an interesting man.  Chynared, Jurassic Park the book was even better than then movie :)  I think they actually incorporated some of the first book into the subsequent movies, like the pterodactyl cage.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
marianner said:
Jurassic Park the book was even better than then movie :) I think they actually incorporated some of the first book into the subsequent movies, like the pterodactyl cage.
If that is the case...I have to read the book. Thanks for the tip :))

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
chynared21 said:
If that is the case...I have to read the book. Thanks for the tip :))
I remember taking the book out of the library on a whim, not sure what it was and being totally absorbed--or should I say, blown away. Unfortunately it does not appear to be available in a Kindle edition.

L

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Leslie said:
I remember taking the book out of the library on a whim, not sure what it was and being totally absorbed--or should I say, blown away. Unfortunately it does not appear to be available in a Kindle edition.

L
As I've just found out :-\

1 - 20 of 27 Posts