Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got word a little while ago that one of my Brother-in-laws died this morning while shopping.  My sister, his wife, died a few years back and he never got over it.

They're together now so that's good.  Please pray for him.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for your kind remarks.  My sister and brother-in-law were about as mismatched as you could get but they loved each other dearly.  He never recovered from her death.

Just an FYI.  Along with their full time jobs they built and raced AA Dragsters and Funny Cars.  When Sandi died we had the largest service my church had ever seen.  People came from all over the country.  Including 2 complete drag racing teams.  It was amazing.  Her ashes were spread over race tracks all over the country and his will be too.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My sympathies for both or your losses.  From what you wrote it is easy to tell that they not only loved each other but were loved by many others.  That love will never go away.

My thoughts are with you.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
tecwritr,

My sympathies to you and your family.

Reading your message, it made me think of the old radio ads on WABC-77 in New York City: "Saturday! Saturday! Burning nitro! Funny cars! Raceway Park, Englishtown, New Jersey!"

I don't know if your sister and brother-in-law ever raced at Englishtown...

L

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
tecwritr said:
Thanks to all for your kind remarks. My sister and brother-in-law were about as mismatched as you could get but they loved each other dearly. He never recovered from her death.

Just an FYI. Along with their full time jobs they built and raced AA Dragsters and Funny Cars. When Sandi died we had the largest service my church had ever seen. People came from all over the country. Including 2 complete drag racing teams. It was amazing. Her ashes were spread over race tracks all over the country and his will be too.
From the racers I know and the reading I've done, the racing communities are very tight, and your story is an additional confirmation. Thanks for sharing your sister and brother-in-laws stories.

Betsy

·
Registered
165 Posts
My condolences for your loss.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.