Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My salad book hit #9 in Kindle and #36 in books for salads. Who knew?

The cover is horrid (I made it with Paint!). It was just my little test book so I could see how publishing worked. How fun that it actually sells!

M

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Amen. Soup & Stew cookbooks in the winter, Salads & Sandwiches in the summer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That's pretty funny, I'm a bit of a cook myself and my wife and mother in-law, or Devil as I call her, were trying to talk me into making an Appalachian cookbook. I actually considered doing it for a while. Maybe I should !

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
J.L. McPherson said:
That's pretty funny, I'm a bit of a cook myself and my wife and mother in-law, or Devil as I call her, were trying to talk me into making an Appalachian cookbook. I actually considered doing it for a while. Maybe I should !
Regional cookbooks are fascinating, especially if they have little "tidbits" of stories along with them. I love cookbooks that have a paragraph or three relating something about the recipe and its history to the author before the recipe itself is listed.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTackitt said:
Regional cookbooks are fascinating, especially if they have little "tidbits" of stories along with them. I love cookbooks that have a paragraph or three relating something about the recipe and its history to the author before the recipe itself is listed.
My cook book is a little like that but not true to one region or subculture. I have one vintage recipe in there and I share its provenance. One beta reader told me they liked the 'patter' I had for recipes.

M

·
Registered
538 Posts
mrv01d said:
My cook book is a little like that but not true to one region or subculture. I have one vintage recipe in there and I share its provenance. One beta reader told me they liked the 'patter' I had for recipes.

M
I read your product description and like that you added links to the pics of each recipe, that's smart. The black and white kindle display really wouldn't do it justice. Congrats on the sales too !

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
J.L. McPherson said:
I read your product description and like that you added links to the pics of each recipe, that's smart. The black and white kindle display really wouldn't do it justice. Congrats on the sales too !
Thanks to you and everyone!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ashley Lynn Willis said:
Well, you might have used Paint to do the cover, but the salad still looks delicious. Mmmmm. Bacon makes everything taste yummy!
Thanks. I first had that particular salad at Thanksgiving and caused a tiff in my family as my hubby and I ate about 90% of it (there wasn't much). Then I spent several weeks begging for the recipe--the dressing is homemade and the salad is nothing without it.

I don't like spinach, but that salad makes me face plant into the bowl.

M

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
BTackitt said:
You would love my memoir/cookbook Fry Bacon. Add Onions: The Valentine Family & Friends Cookbook about growing up Pennsylvania Dutch.

·
Registered
351 Posts
mrv01d said:
Thanks. I first had that particular salad at Thanksgiving and caused a tiff in my family as my hubby and I ate about 90% of it (there wasn't much). Then I spent several weeks begging for the recipe--the dressing is homemade and the salad is nothing without it.

I don't like spinach, but that salad makes me face plant into the bowl.

M
LOL! I just bought the book. I had an awesome bacon spinach salad recipe that I lost. So now, I have a new one. Thanks!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ashley Lynn Willis said:
LOL! I just bought the book. I had an awesome bacon spinach salad recipe that I lost. So now, I have a new one. Thanks!
Awww thanks. I hope you like the recipe.

M

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Congrats on the great sales. I have to agree - bacon is awesome. And the picture on the cover looks delicious. :)

(Now I'm hungry...)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everyone. I'm really blown away by the kind words!

M

·
Registered
49 Posts
Recipe books are a good niche for me.

I'm averaging 18 sales a day for my homemade ice cream recipes book. The salad book is doing well too.

Hope that helps someone, somewhere.
Dennis

1 - 20 of 36 Posts