Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there another promotion going on besides Amazon's "Best of 2011 books"? The reason I ask is that I've seen my sales slip the past few days. I;m hesitant to say Amazon's promotion is a factor, because my books are -- generally -- at a more attractive price than those being promoted. But now, I don't know. Anyone else seeing the same droop? Is it the upcoming July 4th weekend? Something else? Misery would love company...:)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Starting June 24th I started to go down a bit. The last two days... wow.  Yesterday my sales were almost cut in half.  :eek:  I'm just wishing for the month to end, at this point. 

Hope they're just under-reporting. 

·
Registered
638 Posts
J. Carson Black said:
The last two days... wow. Yesterday my sales were almost cut in half. :eek: I'm just wishing for the month to end, at this point.

Hope they're just under-reporting.
Yep, this says it all, especially this, "Hope they're just under-reporting."

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Going into holiday weekends are always slow.  Think about how many people you know will be off for a 3 day weekend--or longer.  I have two friends taking off all of next week.  They are focused on packing (as of Wed) getting dogs to kennels, shopping for last minute shorts/swims.

Kindle?  They probably have 800 extra books and if not, they can load it anywhere there is wifi.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Mine are down 5-10%. Still, June 2011 has been my best month so far, so I can't complain . . . well, yes, I can, but it won't do me any good. Last year I had a banner day on July 4th -- had a record day of sales. Okay, it was 5, but that was 2 better than any day previous -- so I'm looking forward to Monday.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
My sales for all of June were awful, right at 50 percent of the month before. Worst month I've had in a year. I'm actually glad July will be starting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts