Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For almost a week I didn't sell anything, then I sold ten books in one day, then ten the next, then nothing today. I think Kindle is trying to drive me craxy (X for emphasis). Does anyone else see this? Maybe it's just that they decide to report the numbers every few days. Who Knows?

Larry Buttram

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Set up a google alert for your book. Sometimes those can help you pinpoint the reason for a significant bump. Generally speaking though, sales patterns are a mystery. Don't try to figure them out. It will just leave drive you to drink. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
This has been my worst month for Kindle sales. All my books are 99 cents and I have yet to make a single sale. It's like all spending has come to a complete halt. Very discouraging!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've been on the same rollercoaster, Larry!  :D  It's crazy.

I sold six books a day for two days, then one, then nothing, then EIGHT, then..... nada so far today.

Who knows?  I'm distracting myself by writing.  ;)

·
Registered
816 Posts
I guess being in the first week, it's hard to judge, but so far, it's been less of a rollercoaster and more of a

·
Registered
513 Posts
Haha, totally  ;).  The first week is stressful.

Here's hope you're on your own Salecoaster soon!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Millard said:
Thanks. I've already got the obsessive sales checking part down, so I'm good to go.
Oh NO! :D Yep, you're one of us.

I have no clue why, but Fridays always seem to suck, sales wise. Maybe people are out at the movies or on dates instead of reading kindle books.

Where my nerds at? ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've only had my book up on KDP for about 30 days, so I'm no expert, however, I have definitely noticed trends. I sell the most books on Wed and weekends, with Mondays and Fridays being slower.

I will say that sometimes it seems like sales come in a bunch. I don't know if the sales are actually bunched, or if KDP is sometimes slow in reporting, but it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't exactly real time.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It could be reflective of your audience's reading patterns, too.  If they buy a book Wednesday, then they're ready for a new one on Saturday, etc.

Sort of fascinating, really..

·
Registered
801 Posts
Glad to know others check their sales stats with obsession...Today I checked my stats before I lit a cigarette....now THAT"S bad.

It definitely goes up and down. I've been averaging 7.8 /day for this month.

Mike Cyra

·
Registered
554 Posts
The #1 way to raise sales is to network and blog and promote and link-build like the sales don't matter. All that matters is the amount of progress you make in your promotional efforts themselves. Just a tip to help keep you all sane.  ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Same here.  Monday was great but then nothing on Tuesday, a couple on Wednesday and nothing since...it's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My sales have been pretty consistent from day one (however, ten sales in one day - I can but dream ;)) and they go down only when I do no promotional work at all. Therein lies the problem though - I have a day job, plus I am writing that all important second novel (along with a novella) and my time is limited. The only real way I can see of getting genuine sales momentum is getting reviews via blogs or by advertising with some of the bigger blog sites and forums (which is a road I am considering going down).

I would be interested to know what has increased book sales for others on this thread - advertising, reviews, word-of-mouth etc. etc.

Martin
http://thegamblersnovel.com
UKUS

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Very hot and cold.

I suppose it averages out, but it does make it disheartening. I try to build my sales and beat the previous week's numbers (I'm sure I'm not alone in that obsession). To do that will be a close thing this week. In particular, my UK sales have seized up. I won't even mention Germany.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts