Kindle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
I've seen the same erratic fluctuation in sales as everyone else apparently has. However....one thing has me scratching my head. One of my books sells more than the others combined...sometimes twice as much as the others. I can't figure that out. If I knew what factor was involved, maybe I could apply it to the others and ramp up their sales, too.

· Registered
5,989 Posts
For me this month has been up and down. I had less days with sales (barely) in the double digits.
Sales seem, more than in the past few months, to come in clusters.
Two possible explanations as far as I can see:
  • Sales-reporting by Amazon is done only with intervals (and not in real time)
  • A book is mentioned in a readers group on Goodreads or another forum, or a Google or Yahoo mailing list
And so far the end of the Summer Sales has had no positive effect on my sales either. But we can hope... ;D

· Registered
677 Posts
I had some slowdown with the "Sunshine" promo, then halfway through, sales picked up pretty well. Friday, I had NO sales at all - extremely rare - and today I still see nothing.

Oh well, life's like that sometimes. It's teaching me to stop obsessing over numbers.

· Registered
768 Posts
Since releasing my latest book on the 15th, it's been hard to stick to my only-check-the-sales-once-a-day rule, but I've been pretty good.  My daily sales number have definitely been choppy for the last two to three weeks, though.  Like Mel, I was hoping for an increase once the sale ended on the 15th, but no such luck. 

· Registered
488 Posts
I find what you guys are all saying to be true: it's up and down. But! Another thing that is happening (as promised by authors before me) is that it truly is a snowball effect. Each month better than the last. I am on a blog tour (which I won!), and just released my second YA novel. I don't know if the second helps the first but having a second book out can't hurt(?). I really listen to the other authors here and have subscribed to much of the advice and it seems to be helping. I especially like the book bloggers.

Sales do come in clusters but maybe, that means the "drought" is over? Best sales for me are Thursdays!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.