Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow book lovers, readers and pen toting scribes,

I want to take a moment of your valuable time to introduce the first of my mystery novels, First Feature. It is also available in the UK here.

Here is what I think it is about ;)

First Feature is a bitingly wry detective whodunit featuring ex-LAPD's not so celebrated detective Anthony Carrick as he juggles mafia lords, drug addled neophytes, nymphomaniacs, gay counterculture, vegan hippies and tinsel town's dark side in a quest to uncover a homicide in the midst of his own personal turmoil.

Employed by one of the biggest movie production companies in Hollywood, Anthony is working against time. Tinsel Town's image must stay pure. But can he solve the murder before the tabloids publish the immoral truth of Hollywood's darker side? Find out in First Feature. The first of the Anthony Carrick mysteries.

It is only $2.99 on Kindle and I wrote it because I loved Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett's novels but they didn't write too many so I wanted to try and fill that void. If only for me. I don't pretend to be in their league, but First Feature and the SHORT story Money Ain't Nothing are my humble genuflections to the greats.

If you'd like to have a taste of my writing and the character of Anthony Carrick without investing your hard earned cheddar in a novel, then my SHORT story Money Ain't Nothing (Amazon UK) will introduce you to Anthony Carrick and his world. It is only $0.99 on Kindle.

Here is how I tried to describe Money Ain't Nothing

Money ain't nothing if you've got a lot of it. But then again, a lot of money won't necessarily buy happiness either. In this Anthony Carrick mystery, hard boiled detective Anthony Carrick is asked to solve the murder of a rich dame's son. Police think it's an accidental death, but could it be something more sinister?

From the moneyed streets of Mulholland Drive to the trashy trailer park home of white trash Goths, Anthony's quest takes him into the dark underbelly of humanity's seedy side. Love may be blind, but the love of money is a sure path to murder and regret. The rich may be protected from most of life's hardships but nobody is beyond the reach of the reaper.

About the author

I'm still learning after 20 years of writing. As Honore de Balzac said, "I am a galley slave to pen and ink," and the galley master can be a mean SOB sometimes! I've never won any awards except for "Best Dad" in 2001 when my son was 5... though I have my suspicions that the jury was biased ;) I like writing poetry too, but when I'm not writing I'm painting or running.

I was born and raised in South Africa and I suppose that the African sun baked into my soul a quest for justice. I have now lived in Canada longer than I was in South Africa, and amongst other things I've been a school bus driver, privacy analyst, coffee store manager and cop. Unlike Anthony Carrick, I'm not a tough guy, but I do appreciate good art and artists.

Thanks so much for your time. Please keep reading, 'riting and doing 'rithmetic ;)

Jason

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Jason, and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're interested in getting a FREE copy of my book First Feature you can enter a draw at Sort of Beautiful, a book blogger who is running a giveaway with my book. You have until midnight 16 June - don't know if that is PST or EST.

And if you don't win :( you can still buy it from the links below. Hurry while quantities last :p

I want to take a moment of your valuable time to introduce the first of my mystery novels, First Feature. It is also available in the UK here.

First Feature is a bitingly wry detective whodunit featuring ex-LAPD's not so celebrated detective Anthony Carrick as he juggles mafia lords, drug addled neophytes, nymphomaniacs, gay counterculture, vegan hippies and tinsel town's dark side in a quest to uncover a homicide in the midst of his own personal turmoil.

Employed by one of the biggest movie production companies in Hollywood, Anthony is working against time. Tinsel Town's image must stay pure. But can he solve the murder before the tabloids publish the immoral truth of Hollywood's darker side? Find out in First Feature. The first of the Anthony Carrick mysteries.

It is only $2.99 on Kindle and I wrote it because I loved Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett's novels but they didn't write too many so I wanted to try and fill that void. If only for me. I don't pretend to be in their league, but First Feature and the SHORT story Money Ain't Nothing are my humble genuflections to the greats.

If you'd like to have a taste of my writing and the character of Anthony Carrick without investing your hard earned cheddar in a novel, then my SHORT story Money Ain't Nothing (Amazon UK) will introduce you to Anthony Carrick and his world. It is only $0.99 on Kindle.

Money ain't nothing if you've got a lot of it. But then again, a lot of money won't necessarily buy happiness either. In this Anthony Carrick mystery, hard boiled detective Anthony Carrick is asked to solve the murder of a rich dame's son. Police think it's an accidental death, but could it be something more sinister?

From the moneyed streets of Mulholland Drive to the trashy trailer park home of white trash Goths, Anthony's quest takes him into the dark underbelly of humanity's seedy side. Love may be blind, but the love of money is a sure path to murder and regret. The rich may be protected from most of life's hardships but nobody is beyond the reach of the reaper.

Good luck with the drawing!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the month of July you can buy all my books for 99 cents each. Cool and refreshing, but hurry, only good while quantities last :)

Good luck with the drawing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts