Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of us have many samples on our Kindles. I am interested in reading if any of you have a *sample system* that you use to keep it to a realistic number. I like organization and find my samples getting out of hand. Does anyone read a sample a day and delete if not interested? Open to suggestions  ???  ???  Anyone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Do you know you also can create a "Save it for Later" list in the store on your Kindle? If you look at any book, in the store, while on your Kindle, you will see a button that says save it for later, you click that then can access your list from the menu, when you are in the store. This is what I do, so I do not download samples of every book I am interested in. I only DL a few samples and only DL a book after I finish the one I am reading. I also delete both books and samples after I read them. Since Amazon stores them for me, I see no reason to overload my K.

If your looking at books while on your computer, then just add them to your wishlist, same idea... as Save it list.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I keep only the book in progress and a sample of what may be the next book on my Kindle homepage. Every other prospective read is in "Saved For Later".  I've got an eight page content manager backed up on the computer hard drive if I want to reread anything.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do all of my browsing and shopping form my computer so I will add to Wish List. I like the idea of only having the book I am reading and sample of what may be my next book on my Homepage. Less clutter that way.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If I read a sample and want to buy it, the I try to get to a computer, log on here and buy it linked to Kindleboards.  If I'm not near a computer, I make a note in my PDA task list.  For both instances I delete it off my content manager.

If I want to buy it later (for instances that I like it but don't really like the price or want to wait until I have a giftcard balance at Amazon) then I whispernet to Amazon and select Save for Later.

If I read one and don't like it, I just delete it.  But I don't have a good system for remembering which one it was so I don't get the sample for later.  I need to work on this.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
My method is very similar to DOC's.  I download samples of things that I'm interested in, or that have been recommended.  I read the sample (actually, I often don't read the whole thing, just enough to decide if I want to buy it or not), and if I like it I connect to the Kindle store and put it on my Save For Later list.  Either way, it gets deleted after the decision has been made.  If there's something on my SFL list that I don't remember, I can always download another sample later, but that doesn't happen often.

I

·
0 Posts
I just delete most of my samples after I read them.  I know I'll buy them eventually.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I download samples when someone here says I should read something.  :) 

When I get around to reading the sample, I decide if I'm going to read the whole book.  If so, I come back here and buy it.  If not I delete the sample. . . .and try to remember the next time someone here says I should read it. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
223 Posts
I download samples when I've read a review in a journal.  Sometimes I'll read the sample right away but often I'll just save it for later.  If I don't care much for the sample, I generally delete it immediately.  But I keep samples on my K till I'm ready to buy the book (even if that's months later).  When I finish a book, I like "shopping" through my samples to decide what will be my next read.  I feel like I'm shopping in my own personal mini-bookstore.  :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ann Von Hagel said:
I download samples when someone here says I should read something. :)

When I get around to reading the sample, I decide if I'm going to read the whole book. If so, I come back here and buy it. If not I delete the sample. . . .and try to remember the next time someone here says I should read it. . . .

Ann
There are so many reccommendations here I have difficulty keeping up with them all. I think I need to keep a spread sheet of samples read and deleted do I don't forget and read them again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts