Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a sample(The Bubble Gum Thief) to my Pw Kindle, and the wireless is on, but
it doesn't come up. It does up on my KK. I went to manage my Kindle but it also doesn't show up there. When I sent it to my PW  from Amazon, it said that it was sent. I don't know why it is on my 2nd Kindle, but not the one I want it on.
Any ideas, on what I can do?
Thanks
Amy

·
6,004 Posts
I don't think samples ever do show up on your MYK page, but it should go to the device you specify. Make doubly sure you're picking the right one from the drop down list is probably the only advice I can think of.

·
Registered
20,439 Posts
how are your kindles named?  the sample will go to the first one in your list, so you might want to check that your PW is alphabetically first.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It says Amy's first Kindle, second kindle and third kindle. I clicked on the third kindle. I have downloaded
Other books to my third kindle with no problem.

·
Super Moderator
67,496 Posts
If it showed up on a different device than you thought you'd sent it to, then it's most likely that you accidentally sent it to the wrong device. :)  Just send it again. . . .maybe you're mixed up about which is which?  Might make sense to give the devices more descriptive names :D

If it continually goes to the WRONG device -- then you should probably contact Kindle CS.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
If it showed up on a different device than you thought you'd sent it to, then it's most likely that you accidentally sent it to the wrong device. :) Just send it again. . . .maybe you're mixed up about which is which? Might make sense to give the devices more descriptive names :D

If it continually goes to the WRONG device -- then you should probably contact Kindle CS.
Hi Ann,
I called Cs and he had me register my PW , which I thought was already registered.I kept trying to send it
To my third kindle, but nothing worked. Maybe my pw doesn't want that book.LOL. I'm not sure how to
Change the name on the kindle and also, how do I make it,so that it comes up first when it asks me which
kindle I want it on?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
67,496 Posts
To change the name of the Kindle, go to Manage Your Kindle on Amazon. Go to Manage Your Devices. You'll see your Kindles listed and a small "edit" next to each one's name.  Click 'edit' and name it anything you like.

If you want it to always appear first, make sure that the name you give the PW will come first alphabetically.  You can use a non-letter character to force it if you want.  For example, my PW is named River Song -- but I have other Kindles with alphabetically superior names.  So for ordering purposes, I have it called *River Song.

So, for me, when I go to buy a book or send a sample, it already says *River Song and I don't need to use the drop down box.

Oh, and after you change the name, go to the Kindle and do a sync . . . .now your kindle will also know its name. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts