Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now I remember what it was like to be a child, lo these many years ago, and to find just the perfect toy under the tree Christmas morning. In one day, I have absolutely fallen in love with my new Kindle. Now, if I can just find the time to get back to writing my own books...and to not spend the meager proceeds I make from them at the Kindle store.

Now, how do I append that nifty Kindle owner icon to my signature?

Rick

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Rick! Congratulations! I am so thrilled you received a Kindle and are having an instant love affair. It is an amazing little gadget.

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Rick,

congratulations on the Christmas Kindle!!!!!

Now, come join the book Klubs that are starting next week!

Merry Christmas!

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
As you get to know your new best gadget, you will find all kinds of little side features that will make it even more fun, especially if you are in a Whispernet area.

I like to use mine to keep up on weather reports ans to check movie times at the local theater.  (small town, we have just the one)  Another time, I was looking for  a doctor's office over in Brunswick.  I got directions from Google maps and a phone number.

Oh yeah, you can read books on it to.(or listen to them if you like audio books.)

Check out Leslie's FAQ, it's very helpful and you should see the link to it at the bottom of the page.

Welcome to the Kindle Kommunity and congrats on getting your Kindle for Christmas.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good for you! Your gonna love it. I could recommend a few good books for you. Oh wait i think you already have them.  :D ;D :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
By the way, Rick is running a contest with a free book as a prize -- because of his delight with his new Kindle. Details are over in the book corner and entries close tomorrow night so you have to move fast to be in the running.

L

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
YAY! Another kindler!! Congrats to Rick! (dances VA happy dance aka the hokey pokey) You can also save drafts of your writings to your kindle, then highlight, add notes as you edit or anything.

Yay contest!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts