Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sarah Dessen's new book Along for the Ride was released today! of course I bought it at like 6 this morning. :)

Her books are like candy to me, I eat them up! I can't wait, on Thursday (the 18th), I'll be traveling to Raleigh, NC to meet her! She's doing a reading also. Anyone else going?

Any other Sarah Dessen fans?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I'll take pictures and be sure to post them in the picture board!

her books are technically YA, but I get into them. kind of like Twilight and Harry Potter, which both got pretty adult in the last books, I think. also, I don't think any of them are more than $9.99 and most are around $7.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm a HS librarian who reads what I "sell" to my students and love Sarah Dessen. Just finished Lock and Key but my favs are That Summer and Dreamland. 

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marianner said:
It looks like these are all standalone books? Is there one that you suggest starting with?
"This Lullaby" was my favorite. However, lots of her characters from previous books end up making cameos in later books, so I want to start over from her first book and read them all in order. Even though they are all separate stories.

here are the couple pics I took and the ultra-cool t-shirt I made for the occasion ("This Lullaby" inspired). I was the first one there and got a great seat, and 200 people ended up showing up. Sarah recognized my shirt and called me on it in front of everyone and I got to ask a question, the last one she took and she said "From Truth Squad, I HAVE to!" and I actually asked her if she knows the ending to all of her books before she starts to write them, to which she replied that she basically knows how it will wrap up because if she started writing with no direction she'd "write 300 pages without anything happening". It was an awesome night. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts