Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am currently accepting new clients for line- and copyediting and/or proofreading services.

What I Do

Hello! My name is Sarah Fraps. I provide copyediting for indie authors writing speculative fiction, including fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, and apocalyptic lit. I also enjoy editing YA in any genre and some romance sub genres. The above genres are where I have done the most reading and have the most genre-specific editing expertise. I provide proofreading for writers of most genres, excluding romance and horror.

Who I Am
I am a former educator-turned-editor (seven years teaching writing) committed to providing high-quality, personalized editorial services. My editing suggestions are designed to improve clarity and enhance the story you want to tell while maintaining your unique style and voice.

I am a graduate of the Proofread Anywhere General Proofreading Theory & Practice course, and I have completed line- and copyediting training through the Editorial Freelancers Association. I received a BA in English and Sociology from Texas A&M University where I worked as an editor in the writing center. More than all of the credentials above, I am a:
  • compassionate and honest editor.
  • cheerleader for and collaborator with indie authors.
  • solution seeker providing support and encouragement along the self-publishing journey.
Every story deserves the care and attention of a careful editor. I want every author I've worked with to approach publication with the confidence that their manuscript is the best that it can be. I take great pride in helping authors produce work that shows off their credibility as storytellers and masters of their craft.

How Much I Charge
If you reach out to me, please let me know you found me through Kboards, and I will apply a 25% discount to any services you book.

My rates are based on the those suggested by the Editorial Freelancers Association here and a sample edit of your work. Line- and copyediting rates typically begin at 0.01/word USD. Proofreading begins at 0.005/word.

I utilize HoneyBook for client management. Payments are made via debit, credit, or bank transfer through its encrypted payment processor. For most projects, I usually request a 50% initial payment to book services.

How to Get Started
Please check out my website. You will find most of the information provided here, as well as testimonials, my portfolio, and a growing blog. If you are ready for editing, you can use the form on the contact page to get in touch with me.

Along with a custom proposal, I am happy to provide a sample edit of at least 1,000 words for your reference.

Social Media
  • I am on Instagram, and I am happy to follow authors!
  • I am also very active on LinkedIn.
  • My Facebook business page is a great place to get updates.
  • And you may catch me on more than one Facebook writing group (I'm in at least a dozen at this point!).

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
October was a busy month - I line edited 105,000 words, published 3 blog posts, finished reading Louise Harnby's Fiction Editing at Sentence Level, and started a TikTok channel. November is shaping up to be even busier - if you're looking for a line- and copyeditor or proofreader for your work, now is the time to book with the holidays approaching. I'll be on an extended holiday from Christmas through mid-January.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Want to stay on top of goings on at Sarah Fraps Editorial Services? Check out the site and scroll to the bottom to subscribe to my monthly newsletter. This months letter goes out next week. It's a good opportunity to stay in touch and learn about what my services can offer you and your manuscript. --> Sarah Fraps Editorial Services

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday (if celebrating)! I have limited availability for December and am booking primarily for January and beyond. Ready to get to know an editor who can help you create an enchanting story that will keep your readers coming back for more? Check out my LinkTree!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts