Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've been around. Ill health ruined the latter part of the year.

But I'm back with a blog post mentioning some books by our very own - Hugh Howey (cause I have a major author crush,) Deborah Geary, Brian Spangler, Dalya Moon, Ed Robertson (#2 on my crush list), Phoenix Sullivan. It's just a list of some of the books on my Favorites shelf on my Fire. We're just a wee little blog with a wee readership and don't make much of a ripple in the blogosphere.

However, I just wanted to say thanks to some of the very talented writers who help me escape the trap my body has become. My list is under L's picks, and I could've gone on for days. I still think it's the coolest thing that I get to come here and meet these folks, even when I can only lurk.

http://sippinsouthernsass.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the great books, my friends!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Betsy! It's so lovely to be able to type again. No matter how bad my health gets, I still check in every day for my dose of wisdom and humor. I love finding books written by KB members to rave about and share.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hugh Howey said:
L.M., you are too kind. Thanks so much for all the support. It's super appreciated.
Thanks for being such a good sport about occupying the top of my author crush list, Hugh. (My hubby thinks it's hysterical.) Looking forward to seeing what you pull out of your hat this year, my friend.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Thanks for the shout-out! I had a giggle/blush.

L.M. Gautreaux said:
Thanks for being such a good sport about occupying the top of my author crush list, Hugh. (My hubby thinks it's hysterical.) Looking forward to seeing what you pull out of your hat this year, my friend.
Wait, you're supposed to pull it out of ... your hat?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Criminy, Hugh's got me beat on the crush front, too? I'm comin' out swinging this year, pal.

Seriously though, I really appreciate the listing, and very much enjoyed talking with you, LM. It's kind of scary being full-on indie, but mentions like yours are very heartening.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dalya said:
Thanks for the shout-out! I had a giggle/blush.

Wait, you're supposed to pull it out of ... your hat?
I had a much sassier place for him to pull it out of but thought Betsy might get me with her cattle prod. Not so much interested in that happening on my first day back, ya know?

Dalya, everything I've read of yours makes me happy. I'll be dancing along with you when my prediction comes true!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Edward W. Robertson said:
Criminy, Hugh's got me beat on the crush front, too? I'm comin' out swinging this year, pal.

Seriously though, I really appreciate the listing, and very much enjoyed talking with you, LM. It's kind of scary being full-on indie, but mentions like yours are very heartening.
But, but, but Ed, I (actually, the hubby or M) am going to cook for you when you come to Louisiana! That counts double! (Thanks for putting up with our silly sassiness, my friend.)

Methinks I see a new book in your siggy? How did I miss this - illness is no excuse! *runs to buy even though cant read it until finish Michelle West*

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
L.M. Gautreaux said:
We're just a wee little blog with a wee readership and don't make much of a ripple in the blogosphere...
http://sippinsouthernsass.blogspot.com/
From a single ripple comes the tsunami ;). So glad you're back in the saddle, L! And what a lovely mention. Thank you! (Psst ... Between you and me, I've got kind of a word crush on that Ed fella, too...)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Phoenix Sullivan said:
From a single ripple comes the tsunami ;). So glad you're back in the saddle, L! And what a lovely mention. Thank you! (Psst ... Between you and me, I've got kind of a word crush on that Ed fella, too...)
Phoenix, you're very welcome. I had Spoil of War on my wish list for the longest time cuz that cover is hot! I also really enjoyed Sector C, I think the title was. And any fella who can use caltrop as a verb makes my heart flutter. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

Jan Hurst-Nicholson said:
Welcome back :). Hope 2013 is a better year for you ;)
Thanks, Jan. I would say that 2013 has to be better than 2012, but I said that about 2011 and 2012 bit me on the butt! Seriously though, good things happened last year, too - after all, I found KB. ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts