Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.  I found this board through google, when I was looking for a solution to unfreeze my kindle. 

I live in Iowa.  I am married with 2 children.  I am a high school math teacher.  I do not read as much as I would like to, but now that I have a Kindle, I have been making more time to read.  I carry it with me everywhere, doctor's office, waiting to pick up kids, road trips,waiting for a meeting to start, etc.

I watched the Oprah episode in October about the Kindle, then I kept telling my husband how neat they sounded.  I also mentioned the $50 off coupon.  He and I then did some researching on Amazon.  I had heard of a Kindle before, but did not know much about it. Then to my surprise, less than one week later, I came home and 2 Kindles were sitting on the table.  I have been hooked ever since. 

I downloaded Marley and Me and am almost done with it.  I am a slow reader, just finding bits and pieces of time to read.  I have downloaded MANY samples.  I love that feature.  Then I can look throught the sample and decide what to read next.  I got an Amazon Gift Card for Christmas, so I can buy some more books. 

I have found a lot of interesting tips by reading this board.  Looking forward to meeting you. 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Tbarney and welcome! It is great to have you here. I found the Kindle much in the same way as you. Saw it in passing on Oprah while flipping through channels, spent the next week reading everything I could find. Found KindleBoards through the Amazon boards the day I order my Kindle and have been here ever since!

Angela

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, Tbarney -

Welcome aboard!

What a nice surprise that was to see the Kindles on the table when you got home  :eek:

Glad you are enjoying the opportunity to read when and where you can.

Hope to see you more around these boards,

Marci

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Tbarney--

Congratulations on being a Kindle family, and welcome to Kindleboards!

Hope you found the answer to your question and were able to unfreeze your Kindle!  Lots of good info here.  AND we have Book Klubs in the Book Corner!  Outlander starting this week!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi T, welcome! Glad to have you here.

You found us through Google, huh? Harvey will be glad to hear that!

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Nice to meet you Tbarney!  :) Welcome! We have fun here and as you browse the boards you will find a wealth of information. Hope you can join us for some of the bookklubs, we are excited.

Linda

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here Tbarney - be sure and get your husband to join the board too.  It seems as if there are several families here and it is fun to listen to them.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Tbarney said:
I carry it with me everywhere, doctor's office, waiting to pick up kids, road trips,waiting for a meeting to start, etc.
Hiya Tbarney, nice to have you here. I carry Jinx with me everyday and it's amazing how many bits of time you can find during the day to read...kind of like carrying a Reader's Digest around ;) It was nice of hubby to surprise you with the Kindles...I wish my husband was a reader.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts