Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have talked about this before but here is quick recap:

I have a YA written in verse with my lit agent. There is a big pub house interested but its been 9 months now and no word. My agent "pokes" them all the time and they say " it's really busy right now" again, 9 months.
I made myself focus on book 4 of my YA series while I waited but I'm done with it and am headed to book 5.

This whole trad pub feels dead in the water. I don't want to stay longer than I have already interns of waiting for trad pub. But this YA is so important to me and its a stand alone book. It can be a series but for now
It's only one book. I'm worried that I won't know how to market just a single book. I'm thinking of putting up a free preview on select. I'm doing well with my YA fantasy but I'm nervous about taking a chance with This YA. Someone tell me they have a great stand alone novel about teen issues and its doing well. And how did that happen?

Why am I so nervous about this? :-\

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

So it's one, I'm just going to have to self pub. I'm done waiting for trad pub.
Well, here goes nothing....
:-|

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm feeling so many things...I know self pub has been amazing for me.
But this was my last chance at trad pub and well...
It stings a little
Wine.need wine. And a good blurb (post about which blurb is best coming soon)

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shel said:
Hey trublue,

I'm not sure anything would be your last chance, though I definitely get why pulling a book on sub would sting.

From a marketing perspective, here are a few ideas:
Samples on Wattpad,
Figure out how to target fans of novels in verse through Goodreads/Facebook. There are a number of inexpensive advertising options where you can get super targeted. You might also find great reviewers -- verse enthusiasts that way. This won't help you sell a ton of books, but you may be able to "seed" word of mouth.

Hope that helps. Wine is good, too, especially when paired with Peanut M&Ms.
Ha! I love that wine goes with M&M's. and I am doing just like you said. I am sending out a few copies for review. I will put out ads and get the word out. And it may not be my last dance with trad pub but I doubt that. It's just too slow,takes too long and I think they just don't get me. I don't know about anyone else but for me, Im over it. It could change but or now, so.over.it.

Thanks for replies :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.