Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I d/l a few books today off manybooks and feedbooks on my computer for the kids.  I hooked the kindle to my computer and I kept getting a USB malfunction device message and the screen on the kindle stayed in reading mode without having to remove hardware from the computer.  I tried to reconnect the kindle to my computer several times and computer would not recognize it.  (laptop running windows xp)

I finally went to try using my desktop (also xp)  same thing. 

I cut the kindle off and tried again both computers and also restarted both computers, same thing.  I finally gave up, set the kindle to a book my mother was reading and left to go pick up the kids from school.

I came back thinking I'd have to call amazon cs, but attempted again on the laptop.  It worked correctly.  I have no idea what called the foul up or what made it work again.

Also I did try my kindle out in the sun today.  80 degrees full sun.  I did not notice lighter font, but I was reading the amazon blog and photos did show word ghosts in them.  I did not do a screensaver to see what the ghosting looked like with them.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
cheshirenc said:
Also I did try my kindle out in the sun today. 80 degrees full sun. I did not notice lighter font, but I was reading the amazon blog and photos did show word ghosts in them. I did not do a screensaver to see what the ghosting looked like with them.
Okay, I'm jealous that the temperate was 80 degrees!! :'(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts