Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Kindle, K2, on the counter in my kitchen this morning and I hit it by accident with my elbow.  It flipped off the counter to the floor, which is tile.  I had my cover folded back and it landed flat on the screen and keyboard.  :eek:  I was sure my K2 was going to be dead when I picked him up.  No, he was fine not a scratch on him and he works as good as ever.  I waited until now to make sure he was still okay before I posted this. I'm so thankful nothing happened to him.  I guess he passed his drop test, I hope to never ever repeat the test. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Holy cow, how scary for you.  I was holding my breath as I read your post.  I'm sure you were holding your breath as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drenee said:
Holy cow, how scary for you. I was holding my breath as I read your post. I'm sure you were holding your breath as well.
Actually I sort of hyperventilated at the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Seems like a few KindleBoard members have accidentally put their Kindle in harms way, and the kindle has survived! This is very good news!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I had my Kindle, K2, on the counter in my kitchen this morning and I...
I thought you were gonna say you accidentally buttered it and put it in the toaster...that's something I'd do before my first cuppa uppah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Encender Vaquero said:
I thought you were gonna say you accidentally buttered it and put it in the toaster...that's something I'd do before my first cuppa uppah.
Toaster first, then butter, this may explain the burn marks on your ceiling. ;D Sorry to break your bubble, but I don't drink coffee. That may explain why I hate mornings. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Gables Girl said:
Toaster first, then butter, this may explain the burn marks on your ceiling. ;D
No, the burn marks on the ceiling are your fault for putting Maui in my head. Damn tiki torches said nothing about not using 'em indoors.

Sorry to break your bubble, but I don't drink coffee.
Well there's yer problem!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I had my Kindle, K2, on the counter in my kitchen this morning and I hit it by accident with my elbow. It flipped off the counter to the floor, which is tile. I had my cover folded back and it landed flat on the screen and keyboard. :eek: I was sure my K2 was going to be dead when I picked him up. No, he was fine not a scratch on him and he works as good as ever. I waited until now to make sure he was still okay before I posted this. I'm so thankful nothing happened to him. I guess he passed his drop test, I hope to never ever repeat the test. ;D
DO NOT do that test again.
I think you lucked out BIG time

WOW I was nervous as I read it.

EL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
ACCCK for the Kindle drop -- and YIKES on no coffee -- I need 2 cups just to be sociable in the morning -- and that generally means doing more than a grunt if someone speaks to me. Coffee is proof God loves me  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
marianner said:
I did something very similar, but in the bathroom. Glad your K2 is OK!
STOP... No MORE... I can't take it.
I will have nightmares tonight for sure.
I think I will super glue my K2 onto my left palm.

EL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Encender Vaquero said:
No, the burn marks on the ceiling are your fault for putting Maui in my head. Damn tiki torches said nothing about not using 'em indoors.

Well there's yer problem!
Then I'll mention not to do a fire dance inside either, the flaming torches can be a problem when you toss them. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rho said:
ACCCK for the Kindle drop -- and YIKES on no coffee -- I need 2 cups just to be sociable in the morning -- and that generally means doing more than a grunt if someone speaks to me. Coffee is proof God loves me ;D
I've never been a coffee drinker, my parents didn't drink it either so we never had it in the house. I'm used to slow mornings. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
EEEEKKKKK....Do NOT let a poor person who had a rough day at work read this, after 2 glasses of wine!!!  You need to put a disclaimer on this!  I can't take the pressure!

*off to go get another glass to drown the memory of Kindles falling off the kitchen counter and to check on Sookie to make sure she isn't ON the kitchen counter*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KindleKay said:
EEEEKKKKK....Do NOT let a poor person who had a rough day at work read this, after 2 glasses of wine!!! You need to put a disclaimer on this! I can't take the pressure!

*off to go get another glass to drown the memory of Kindles falling off the kitchen counter and to check on Sookie to make sure she isn't ON the kitchen counter*
I've had 3 tonight to get over the sight of it falling...... ;) I'm sure I'll have nightmares about it.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top