Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scimitar Moon - Book One

By blood, by wind, by water and wave, loyal as one, or a watery grave…

The oath that has built a nation of pirates, or so Captain Bloodwind, the Lord of the Shattered Isles would have it. He doesn't want much, after all, just everything. And that which he cannot have…he will destroy.

Cynthia Flaxal knows this first hand, for he has destroyed everything she ever loved. But Cynthia has plans of her own, and revenge is top on her list. She is no warrior, and thanks to Bloodwind's murder of her parents, she will never be a seamage. But with the help of a bedraggled seasprite, a crippled old sailor and an old ship's cook, she will build ships, like her grandfather did. She will build ships that no corsair can match, and use them to starve the pirate nation to death.

But Bloodwind has spies and assassins in every port, and would have Cynthia's new ships for his own. And Odea, goddess of the sea, has other plans for Cynthia Flaxal. So when Cynthia's ships finally set sail, both Captain Bloodwind and Odea are ready…

Scimitar Moon - Gold Medal Winner for Fantasy in ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards 2009
Scimitar Sun - Gold Medal Winner for Fantasy in ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards 2010
Scimitar's Heir - Gold Medal Winner for Fantasy in ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards 2011
Scimitar War - Finalist for Fantasy in ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards 2012

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Chris,

Welcome again to the Book Bazaar and congratulations on your new book!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard welcome that we place in all book threads. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread: Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Praise for the Scimitar Seas novels:

“…refreshingly different. A sparkling tale full of engaging characters you’ll want to see again. More, please!”
—Ed Greenwood, creator of The Forgotten Realms® fantasy world and bestselling author

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scimitar War has been named a Finalist for Fantasy in ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards 2012. Here's hoping that it joins the other three Scimitar Seas books in winning the gold medal!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Praise for the Scimitar Seas novels:

“…refreshingly different. A sparkling tale full of engaging characters you’ll want to see again. More, please!”
—Ed Greenwood, creator of The Forgotten Realms® fantasy world and bestselling author

·
Registered
300 Posts
Chris:

Time for a silly question. It looks like Scimitar Seas is published without DRM on Amazon (Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited) but on Kobo, it is listed as DRMd. Is this deliberate? Or is one of the listing inaccurate?

Reason why I am asking -- I would prefer to buy DRM-free from Kobo if at all possible because I can just download the files to my Linux box. (My only option with Amazon is the cloud reader, which is not my preference.)

These books look cool, I can't wait to buy and read them!

(And your new Pathfinder story looks great, too!)

-- Bill Smith
BillSmithBooks.com, OutlawGalaxy.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Bill,

Sorry for the late reply, but no internet access lately. Not a silly question - I didn't realize the Scimitar Seas books had DRM on Kobo. Let me check with my publisher to see if that's what she intended, and I'll get back to you so you can get reading!

Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill,

Finally got the info. Go to the Dragon Moon Press website http://dragonmoonpress.com/catalog/titles/scimitar-moon/ and use the contact form at the bottom of the page to message Gwen Gades, the publisher. She said that she can get you a non-DRM copy of the Scimitar Seas novels. It won't be through Kobo, if you were specifically looking to go through them, but it will be non-DRM.

Let me know if this doesn't work, and I'll figure something out.

Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Scimitar Moon
Scimitar Sun (A Scimitar Seas Novel)
Scimitar's Heir (A Scimitar Seas Novel)
Scimitar War (Scimitar Seas)

Scimitar Moon - Book One

By blood, by wind, by water and wave, loyal as one, or a watery grave…

The oath that has built a nation of pirates, or so Captain Bloodwind, the Lord of the Shattered Isles would have it. He doesn't want much, after all, just everything. And that which he cannot have…he will destroy.

Cynthia Flaxal knows this first hand, for he has destroyed everything she ever loved. But Cynthia has plans of her own, and revenge is top on her list. She is no warrior, and thanks to Bloodwind's murder of her parents, she will never be a seamage. But with the help of a bedraggled seasprite, a crippled old sailor and an old ship's cook, she will build ships, like her grandfather did. She will build ships that no corsair can match, and use them to starve the pirate nation to death.

But Bloodwind has spies and assassins in every port, and would have Cynthia's new ships for his own. And Odea, goddess of the sea, has other plans for Cynthia Flaxal. So when Cynthia's ships finally set sail, both Captain Bloodwind and Odea are ready…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts