Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something I have yet to see addressed............if I get fingerprints on the screen (God forbid!) what's the best way to clean it??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's one of the best solutions:

Purosol Plasma

Purosol Plasma was originally developed for NASA and the US military for use on high-end electronic displays.

"Purosol Plasma is Safe. Gentle enough for use on all flat-screen surfaces, it contains no alcohol, ammonia, detergent, or any other traditional solvent which can damage your expensive displays. Purosol leaves no residue and is free of silicone, graphite and glycerin.

Utilized by the US and Canadian militaries, national laboratories, television and computer manufacturers, research facilities, museums, and professional videographers and film editors. Purosol is trusted on the very best and valuable optical lenses in the world. Purosol Plasma was recognized with the 2007 National Parenting Award for safe products in the home."

http://www.purosol.com/plasma.cfm

:D

** The Kindle 2 manual does NOT suggest using anything other than a clean (non abrasive) cloth. I do not recommend spraying any liquid directly on the Kindle/screen - maybe spray on the cleaning cloth.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
In the several months I have used mine, I haven't seen any fingerprints.... Dust and dog hair are another matter.....

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would use the kind of cloth that comes with a pair of glasses.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
I have always used the same electronic cleaning wipes I use for the computer monitor or a barely damp Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and they have worked great

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Mostly just an eyeglass cloth, they are very soft and get most everything off even smudges. If I have something more stubborn then I use a soft microfiber cloth slightly damp. Then follow up with the eyeglass cloth.
It stays pretty clean for some reason, besides the random fuzz and cat hair  :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've been using a cloth that my boyfriend gave me to use on my computer monitors and LCD tv screen.  I just lightly run the cloth over it. I dont press down or rub the screen with any pressure.  I just gently wipe the screen off with the cloth.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have had mine since the beginning of November and have not had to use anything at all. I do have the cloth I use to clean the lenses for my camera that I plan to use when necessary.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions!  Hopefully I'll be coordinated enough to keep my fingers off the screen, but you never know.  Have to be prepared.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Microfiber cleaning cloth dampened with tap water - same as I always use on my laptop LCD. Much cheaper than any of the commercial cleaning solutions, and I always have it with me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts